Why Choose this Training Course?
The international market is becoming increasingly volatile and competitive. As a result it is vital to understand the nature and legal issues relating to International Finance, International Payments and how to manage the Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk and Exchange Rate Risk associated with international contracts. This course is designed to enable participants to negotiate and manage appropriate methods of payment, reduce risk and manage liquidity whilst remaining competitive in a volatile global market. The course provides a detailed analysis of the various Methods of International Payment; the procedures/systems; the legal protection and obligations and an evaluation of the methods of managing credit, liquidity and exchange rate risk.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- A detailed understanding of international finance and methods of payments; the procedures/systems, the legal protection and obligations
- The I.C.C. Uniform Customs & Practice and Uniform Rules
- Methods to reduce/eliminate exchange rate risk using internal and external hedging instruments
- International Treasury Management
- The latest tools and techniques such as Derivatives
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Negotiate and manage appropriate international methods of payment to reduce risk and manage liquidity
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework, international protocols/conventions; ICC Uniform Rules for Collections and ICC Uniform Customs & Practice for Letters of Credit
- Evaluate the methods of managing both liquidity and exchange rate risk
- Evaluate and identify the most appropriate methods of finance: recourse and non-recourse
- Identify common operational failures and how to avoid them
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those responsible for negotiating, managing or processing international payments/contracts either as exporter, importer or contractor.
- Staff responsible for managing liquidity or securing finance
- Staff responsible for exchange rate risk management
- Managers dealing directly or indirectly with international payments, liquidity/finance and exchange rate risk who wish to increase their understanding and awareness of the major issues and on-going development
- Bank officials who deal with international payments, finance/liquidity issues or exchange rate problems faced by their clients
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the analysis and evaluation of real-world case studies, group discussions and video presentations. The practical and interactive nature of the course will enable delegates to transfer both knowledge and skills direct to their workplace, benefitting the organization and the delegate.
- International Trade: The Growth, Nature & Risks
- Techniques for Managing Risk
- Documentation and Commercial Shipping Terms, (Incoterms).
- International Payment Systems, Regulations & Money Laundering
- International Contracts & Guarantees and Bonds
- Foreign Trade Services
- International Payment Systems: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Open Account
- Payment in Advance
- Documentary Collections & ICC Uniform Rules for Collections
- Letters of Credit & Uniform Customs & Practice
- Types of Letters of Credit (Transferable, Back to Back etc)
- Liquidity Management
- Status Reports
- International Trade Insurance
- Finance for Exporters & Importers:
- Finance for Importers
- Non-Recourse Finance
- Defining and Identifying Exchange Rate Risk
- Measuring and Evaluating the Risk
- Determinants of Exchange Rates
- Managing Risk: - reducing/eliminating exchange rate risk
- Internal Hedging Techniques
- External Hedging Techniques (Derivatives) & Strategies
- The Strategic Role & Scope of Treasury Management
- International Finance & International Capital Budgeting
- Transfer Payments
- Evaluating the Performance of Overseas Subsidiaries/Departments
- Risk Management Strategy
- Regulation - The International Regulatory Framework
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course