Why Choose this Training Course?
International trade allows organizations to expand their operations and access goods and services of the others that cannot be obtained locally. This will end up with competitive pricing and may allow consumers to enjoy cheaper products/services. Countries can not produce all its need, nor praised with natural resources necessary to keep up its economic growth. Therefore, the world economy is being globalized and business are developing their markets beyond their country’s territory.
The course will enhance the participant’s knowledge on principles of international trading, free trade agreements and related activities including but not limited to international trade transactions, modes of transportation, Incoterms and rules of origin.
This training course will feature:
- Principles of International trading
- Free Trade Agreements
- Rules of Origin
- International trade transaction
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the interactions between the importer and exporter
- Determine the vendor selection criteria
- Analyze the payment transactions between parties to international sales contract
- Understand the features of FTAs
- Identify rules of origin
- Understand Strategic Reasons to Export
Who is this Training Course for?
The participants from the companies that are competing on international scale would like to expand and grow will be benefiting from the contents of this course. The participants should have intermediate/advance level of knowledge of procurement and international trading.
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Chief Procurement Officers
- Chief Sales Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Procurement Managers
- Sales Managers
- Supply Chain Professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of international trading concepts that can deliver lasting value for their business
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes and lectures leveraging years of hands-on trading, procurement experience across industries and many countries across the world. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual.
- Introduction to International Trade
- Interactions between an Exporter and Importer
- Reasons for Importation
- Requirements for a Successful Import Business
- Requirements for a successful Export Business
- Selection of Products and Suppliers
- Modes of Transportation
- Total Ocean Freight
- Incoterms 2020 & Insurance Cover
- Shipping Documents
- Packing, Inspection and Markings
- Entry Process of Goods
- The Definition and Examples of Rules of Origin
- Classification of Rules of origin
- Technical Information on Rules of Origin
- Why do we need rules of origin?
- Identify and Apply Rules of Origin
- Check whether your goods meet the rules of origin
- What are the trade barriers?
- Introduction to Free Trade Agreements
- Reasons for Importation
- Why don’t all Exporters benefit from FTA?
- Why Export & Export Preference Criteria
- Product Considerations
- Payment Mechanism in International Transaction
- Antidumping and Countervailing Duties
- Dispute Settlement in International Trade
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.