Why Choose this Training Course?
Customs Warehousing and Temporary Storage Facilities provide opportunities for the suspension of import taxes, which can provide huge cash flow savings for importers, or in the case of re-exports, actual tax savings.
This COPEX Training Course covers all types of warehousing available which allow a suspension of import taxes, including customs warehousing, excise warehousing and temporary storage facilities, including the differences between such facilities, the benefits of each and what type of companies can operate each sort. You will also learn about various options available when operating such a facility, such as CFSP, EIDR and inventory linking.
The course will end with an overview of the application process and considerations for any business wanting to apply for such a facility in the future.
This training course will feature:
- What are the Definitions of Customs Warehousing, Excise Warehousing & Temporary Storage
- What is the difference between an ITSF & ETSF
- What are wharf approvals for ports
- Definition of Customs Comprehensive Guarantee for potential debts
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the Entry in Declarants Records when used with Customs Warehousing
- Clarify the Excise Movement Control System (EMCS) & Excise Warehousing
- Define the Transit Procedures to and from Temporary Storage
- Know what facilities importers can apply for
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX Course is designed for people who are joining exporting and experienced businesspeople who may need to keep up with industry updates.
It is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Freight Forwarders
- Clearing Agents
- Warehouse Keepers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the materials presented. The training course will be lively and interactive and will include tests and exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions, group discussions and presentations and Q&A.
Participants will receive personal feedback on their performance. The learning experience will be supported by manual containing model documents and templates.
- Definitions of Customs Warehousing, Excise Warehousing & Temporary Storage
- The Difference between an ITSF & ETSF
- Wharf Approvals for Ports
- Customs Comprehensive Guarantee for Potential Debts
- What Facilities Importers Can Apply For
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures when used with Customs Warehousing
- Entry in Declarants Records when used with Customs Warehousing
- Excise Movement Control System (EMCS) & Excise Warehousing
- Transit Procedures to and from Temporary Storage
- Transit Simplifications Available
- The Role of Inventory Linking with Temporary Storage
- What Facilitates Freight Forwarders & Public Warehouse Keepers Can Apply For
- Moving & Storing Excise Goods in Duty-Suspension
- Applying for Approval
- Moving Goods into and out of an Excise Warehouse
- Paying or Deferring Duty when Moving Excise Goods
- Registered Consignees & Temporary Registered Consignees
- Dealing in Duty-Paid Excise Goods
- Duty Stamps and Fiscal Marks
- Excise Duty Drawback
- Excise Movement and Control System (EMCS)
- If EMCS is not available
- Simplified Procedures
- Receiving Excise Goods for Warehousing
- Warehousing for Export
- Receipts from outside the UK and the EU
- Buying and Selling Duty-Suspended Goods in Warehouse
- Abandoned Excise Goods
- Removal of Goods from Warehouse
- Removal to Home Use by Duty Payment (Release for Consumption)
- Entitled Miscellaneous Removals
- Distance Selling
- Calculating Excise Duty
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course