Why Choose this Training Course?
When it comes to customs documentation it is vitally important that importers and exporters understand the information required to be submitted, as in most cases it is the importer and exporter who would be liable for this information, even if it is done by a third party, which in most cases it is.
This COPEX training course offers a very detailed and comprehensive look at the information that is required to be submitted to customs to enable goods to be imported and exported. It also looks at the differences between EU and non-EU trade.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- The change from CHIEF to CDS
- Product Classification – Tariff Code/Commodity Codes
- Customs Procedure Codes (CPC) and what they do
- Import and Export Documentation
- Certificates of Origin
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand of the Role of Customs Documentation
- Understanding of the Customs Procedures
- Explain the EORI Number
- Explain the Free Circulation
- Explain the SAD C88
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX Customs Procedures and Documentation course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Export Administration
- Export Sales Administration
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX Customs Procedures and Documentation training course will use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the materials presented. The training course will be lively and interactive and will include tests and exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions, group discussions and presentations and Q&A.
Participants will receive personal feedback on their performance. The learning experience will be supported by manual containing model documents and templates.
- Introduction to Customs Procedures and Documentation
- Rules of Origin and Intra EC Trade
- Customs Procedures and The International Trade Tariff
- Which Organisation Regulates the Rules of Trade Between Nations?
- Understand What Wholly Produced Goods Means
- What is an Authorized Economic Operator?
- Understand When an Exporter Would Issue an EUR1 Form
- Usage of the Free Circulation
- VAT Responsibilities with Regard to Intra-EU Trade
- Explanation of the SAD C88
- The Change from CHIEF to CDS
- Product Classification
- Tariff Code/Commodity Codes
- Key Information for Both Import and Export Entries
- Documents Used as Proof of Removal of Goods
- What Documents can be Used as Proof of Export
- Certificates of Origin (Preference & Non-Preference)
- Compliance with Rules of Origin
- Commercial Invoices
- Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
- WTO Methods of Valuation for Import
- AEO - Benefits of Being an Authorized Economic Operator
- Understand Customs Relief Schemes Available to Imports and Exporters
- Use of Customs Notices
- Customs Procedure Codes (CPC)
- The Transaction Value Method
- The Transaction Value of Identical Goods
- The Transaction Value of Similar Goods
- The Deductive Method (price per unit)
- The Computed Method
- The Fall-Back Method (available data)
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course