Why Choose this Training Course?
Improve your success and that of your organization by leveraging the leadership potential of team members. Delegates will focus on developing leadership skills, personal influence, as well as explore strategies for building a team of strong professionals who will support each other, deal with tough problems efficiently, and take accountability. The Essentials of Leadership & Management training course introduces delegates to the variety of skills needed to be successful and offers insights into how to personally manage the transition from being a ‘technical expert’ to supervision and team management. If you are new to supervision or management, this COPEX training course offers a compendium of ideas which will impact your practice immediately.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, you should achieve these goals:
- Develop the Core Competencies Required for Exemplary Leadership
- Maintain the Ethical Aspects of Leadership and Values Which Drive Lasting Results
- Appraise and Select Supervision Tools that 'Fast Track' Performance
- Comprehend and Utilise the Value of the Performance Management Process
- Create and Monitor Personalized Action Plans for Self, Others and the Team
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who have responsibility for divisional or organizational success, as well as consultants and professionals who support them. For example:
- Employees About to Undertake Supervisory or Management Positions
- Current Supervisors Who Are Interested in Building Their Management Skills
- Team Leaders, Site, Operations and Production Supervisors
- First Time Managers With No Formal Management Training
- Young Employees Identified as ‘High Potential’ Future Managers
Module 1: The Essentials of Leadership: Inspirational, Innovative and Holistic Praxis
- Leadership Principles, Perceptions and Praxis: essential themes
- Changing Paradigms, New Demands and Enlightened Leadership.
- The New Normal; changing environments, expectations and challenges
- Leadership by “design”, building agile, responsive and decisive leadership
- The Leader Within; innate qualities personality performance, style and outputs
- The External Environment; leading and navigating in turbulent times
- The Leadership Management Debate. Do I Lead or Manage?
- What Leadership style does my organisation require?
- 360 Leadership; competence assessment, review and peer coaching
- Leading the focused agile team.: mission, vision values and SMARTER measures
- Communicating Organisational and clarifying team purpose
- Charismatic leaders and Storytelling: acknowledging success and lessons learned
- Trust- the essential ingredient in the new normal
- Motivational leadership: the Emotionally Intelligent leaders
- Engagement and well-being: Scope, Support, Connection, Voice
- Diagnostic tools for organisational and team development
- Whole brain thinking divergent and convergent thinking
- Decision Making and the power of diverse thinking.
- Collective wisdom, constructive dissent and innovative outcomes
- Leading change and transition issues ingenuity and innovation
- Solution focused methodology: Accentuating the positive and the possibilities
- Utilising soft system methodology for innovative insights into change
- Using Nature and multiple intelligences for creative outcomes
- Assessing culture and organisational creativity for agile responsiveness
- Entrepreneurial creativity. How creative am I?
- The global pandemic.: impact, learnings and responses
- Resilience, Well-being and Mindfulness: key people deliverables
- Planning for Crisis; beware the “black swans”
- Ethical leadership for sustainable organisations.
- Reframing the Business Model Canvas to create value and sustainability
- Action planning for future improvement
Module 2 The Management Essentials: Addressing priorities in a Post COVID world
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- Key accountabilities. Responsibilities, Accountabilities
- The Boss I want to become - Competencies, behaviours and priorities
- Psychometric assessment of personal management strengths
- Applying theoretical models
- What style of management does my organisation require?
- Psychometric assessment on my preferred management style
- Driving continuous change for improvement and creative agility
- Clarifying Organisational and Team Purpose
- SMARTER objectives for the 21st century
- Assertive behaviour and successful performance reviews
- Creating the Highly Effective Teams: in house and remote
- Characteristics of Dysfunctional teams
- Generational issues, diversity, challenge and harnessing potential
- Team audit: evaluating current performance to initiate future targets
- Utilising Collective Wisdom solve problems issues and crisis
- Managing Change, the “What if” Factor., Transition and Crisis
- Motivation to Engage: Scope, Support, Connection, Voice
- Communication to Connect, Clarify, Convince and Convey
- Constructive feedback, conflict and handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for individual and team success.
- Review of practice: How well do I motivate my people?
- Ten things the great boss does every day
- The global pandemic: impact and learnings
- What are my key deliverables post pandemic?
- The Golden Rule: achieving goals through the effort of others
- Delegation for Development. How well do I delegate?
- Presentation skills: Inform, Illustrate, Influence, Impact, Initiate
- Action planning for post workshop improvement
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course