Why Choose this Training Course?
Cultural Intelligence (CI) is the ability to be able to work with people from any culture effectively. A person that possesses a high CI will be able to enter a culture that they have no experience of and can observe and forge relationships with people; even without being able to speak the language.
Being able to relate and work effectively across cultures is a required skill in all fields, ranging from leadership, engineering, and finance, to accounting and marketing. The higher your CI, the more likely you will experience success working in a diverse, global world.
This highly participative 5-day COPEX training course covers the meaning and psychology of culture and will increase your Cultural Intelligence (CI). This is a training course you cannot afford to miss.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course delegates will be able to make a substantial, positive impact on themselves, their team, and their organisation.
Delegates completing this training course will be able to:
- Develop your Ability in Working and Relating Effectively with People from Different Cultural Backgrounds
- Understand the Limits of your Own CI and Know How to Improve It
- Describe the Meaning of Each of the Five Cultural Value Dimensions
- List Ways to Minimise the Barriers to Cross-Cultural Communication
- Assess Your Own Work and How to Adjust it to Apply Your CI
Who is this Training Course for?
- All Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Section Heads
- Senior Managers in Multi-Cultural Organisations
- Expatriates Working on Global Assignments or Those Who Manage Expatriates
- HR and Learning and Development Professionals
- Talent Management Professionals
- HR Business Partners
- People Working in Nationalisation Roles
- Anyone Working With or in Multi-Ccultural Teams
- Anyone Who is Considering or Working in a Cross-Cultural Assignment
- Where culture comes from and why it matters
- Understanding Globalisation
- Your own cultural map
- The seven levels of culture (National, Workplace, Gender, Age, Regional, Religious, Occupation)
- The Hofstede five cultural value dimensions
- Why communication differences and barriers occur
- How to remove barriers to communication
- Stereotypes and stereotyping explored
- Non-verbal communication (body-language) and culture
- Workplace culture and the impact on organisational communication
- The basics of negotiation
- Cultural differences in negotiation
- Overestimating and underestimating cultural differences in negotiation
- Negotiation traps to avoid
- Developing your cross-cultural negotiation skills
- International assignments and global career development
- Why international assignments fail
- Culture shock and global working
- The business case for diversity and inclusion
- Establishing a Nationalisation Programme
- Innovation and culture
- Developing a global mindset
- How to improve your CI
- Managing in multi-national organisations
- Personal Action Planning
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course