Why Choose this Training Course?
Negotiation is inevitably at the heart of the every process to achieve what you want, whether it is a contract agreement, bargaining for an item, resolving a disagreement or closing a deal. At the end of each negotiation, the goal is to seek a win/win outcome – an essential characteristic of long-lasting alliances.
This COPEX training course provides an essential framework for developing effective negotiation and persuasion skills, combined with critical thinking abilities that are vital for building and benefiting from strategic alliances.
What are the Goals?
The COPEX training course will assist delegates in being able to:
- Describe a Framework for the Analysis of Business Alliances
- Understand How to Apply Influencing Skills During the Negotiation Phase
- Recognise and Manage Difficult Negotiators Who Use Aggressive Tactics During Negotiation
- Understand the Key Principles of Persuasion and its Importance to Negotiation
- Apply Critical Thinking When Planning to Develop Business Alliances
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable for:
- Delegates Who Want to Achieve More Through Becoming More Effective
- Managers Who are Being Prepared for Promotion or Higher Levels of Responsibility
- Delegates Who May Be Considering New Projects or Additional Assignments
- Managers Who are Looking to Refresh Their Skills When Working With Others
- Leaders Who Need to Communicate Vision More Effectively for Better Results
- Negotiation purpose: Common terms and best practice
- Developing mutually acceptable solutions through value claiming
- Adapting strategies to situations when building alliances
- Personality - strengths & weaknesses in negotiations
- Opening communication channels to maintain relationships
- Applying Interests and Positions for strategic advantage
- How to reach 'win-win' in negotiation
- The keys to collaborative bargaining in partnering
- Leverage: What it is and how to use it?
- Negotiation tactics and ploys
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and barriers
- Ethics in negotiation
- Challenges of meetings – group and individual strategies
- Positive persuasion in challenging situations
- Applying rules of influential presentations to maximize impact
- Maintaining compatible body language & using logic, credibility and passion
- Dispute resolution and mediating for better outcomes
- Mediation techniques - practical exercise
- Identifying and responding to signals and informal information
- Recovering from reversals, errors and challenges
- Developing a climate of trust
- Higher level conversation techniques
- Face to face negotiations; appreciating different cultures
- Practical Negotiation exercise and feedback
- Gaining control and using information – formal and informal
- Thinking patterns, frameworks and tools for negotiators
- Identifying sources and testing assumptions
- Framing the problem
- Decision making under pressure
- Reviewing strategic alliances and building personal action
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course