Why Choose this Training Course?
Strategic performance management is high on the agenda of most managers and senior executives. Insufficient or misunderstanding of the performance management concepts often produces poor results and frustrations. Real benefits are only realised by designing and integrated system across the entire organisation based on visible and commonly understood strategic objectives using executive dashboards.
Sometimes referred to as a strategic dashboard, an executive dashboard is intended to give executives a holistic overview of the enterprise and how it is preforming against established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Dashboards consolidate and arrange numbers, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and sometimes performance scorecards on a single screen, tailored for C-level executives and managers, allowing them to get a big picture view of the organisation against critical metrics, identify opportunities for expansion, and see where improvements are needed. The goal is to deliver a graphical interface using real-time data, enabling executives to make data-driven decisions whenever needed.
This training course will give you the tools you need to implement your strategy and deliver better performance for your organisation. With an executive dashboard, you can make sense of massive amounts of data and make fact-based decisions in real time.
This training course will feature:
- Managing and measuring organisational performance
- Identifying, measuring and managing organisational tangible and intangible value drivers
- Developing and implementing efficient and effective metrics
- Formulation of dashboard implementation and follow-up strategies
- Developing effective implementation plans to execute strategies
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Create strategic alignment across their organisations through the design, implementation and management of goals, measures and targets
- Identify, measure and manage the organisational tangible and intangible value drivers
- Establish relevant and meaningful performance indicators to extract insights, make decisions, validate and challenge assumptions
- Apply ideas, concepts and tools of strategic performance management initiatives
- Formulate a dashboard implementation and follow-up strategy for your organisation
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Mid-level and Senior Executives
- Heads of Departments
- Team Leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes:
- Instructor’s guidance and facilitation of learning, using proven techniques
- Delegates’ direct inputs, case studies and exercises
- Short video-clips presentation and de-briefing sessions
- Discussion and activities designed to promote skill building via interaction among participants
- Activities and work on examples and role-plays to highlight concepts taught and allow participants to practice skills they learned from this course
- Introduction to Strategic Performance Management
- Managing performance in an enabled learning environment
- Organisational Charter: Vision, Mission, Values & Goals
- Macro-Environmental Analysis: The General environment (PESTEL)
- Micro-Environmental Analysis: Porter’s 5-factor Analysis
- Internal & External Analysis: SWOT Analysis Application
- Generic Strategy Formulation: Strategy Matrix Application
- Translating Strategy into Action: The Balanced Scorecard approach
- Identifying Strategic Themes
- Building the Strategy Map
- Selecting metrics (Key Performance Indicators) and setting targets
- Brainstorming, developing and prioritising initiatives
- Translating initiatives into projects
- Monitoring initiatives in progress
- Performance Analysis
- The three tiers of organisational strategies
- Aligning strategies through cascading
- Creating a culture focused on strategy
- Strategy review meetings
- Communication, training and rollout
- What is an Executive Dashboard?
- Key Benefits and Challenges of Executive Dashboards
- Developing executive and operational dashboards
- Creating dashboards for decision making
- Using MS Excel for BSC and Dashboards
- Advantages & Disadvantages of using Excel
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.