Why Choose this Training Course?
Strategic decisions are not only among the most important decisions we make daily, but also the most challenging because they present multiple, conflicting, strategic objectives and points of view, which are difficult to balance. They involve long-term impacts that are hard to predict and quantify, require creativity in the definition of winning alternatives and, typically entail a commitment of a huge amount of resources, which may be irreversible.
This unique 5-day COPEX training course offers you the opportunity to overcome these challenges, master the art and science of strategic decision making, and gain experience with proven techniques for making better strategic decisions in the contexts of complexity, uncertainty and often conflicting objectives.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, delegates will be able to:
- Grasp the Reasons for Making Decisions Using the Process of Structured Analysis
- Identify When and How to Involve Others in the Process Making Decisions or Solving Problem
- Apply the Steps to Use to Achieve the Highest Probability of Successful Decisions and Solutions
- Interpret and Analyse Data More Successfully
- Appreciate the Significance and Value of Various Problem-Solving Approaches and Styles
- Develop an Operational Framework for Effectively Facing a Variety of Problem Situations
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers Who Are or Will Be in Leadership Positions
- Executives From Across the Organizations Who are Involved in Important Decisions
- Team Leaders
- Anyone Wishing to Develop Their Decision Readiness and Confidence
- Define decision making
- Rational v emotional decision making
- Individual v Collective
- The science behind decisions
- Avoiding decision making
- Psychological biases
- Process of decision making
- Kepner Tregoe
- Decision trees
- Other tools
- Intuition: thinking fast and slow
- Neuroscience – the brain is not 2 halves
- Types of problems
- Problem solving process
- Question bursts
- Solving complex problems
- Who makes decisions?
- Getting consensus
- Strategic decision making
- Understanding the environment
- Variables in strategy development
- Option development/option selection
- Delivering multiple goals, agendas, objectives
- Building a strategic planning framework
- The paradox: compliance v creativity
- Agile decision making
- What if mistakes occur?
- Strategic drift
- Decisions at an inflection point
- Review and action planning
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course