Training Course Overview
2021 will be the year that some normality will be resumed following the pandemic. In the last year or so, our work styles, cultures and how we think have changed, right across the world. Estimates of time and cost will have a level of uncertainty, workers productivity maybe different on site, using distancing rules, or working from home. Whichever, your stakeholders will focus on project progression, if the team are working safely and delivering appropriately.
This popular Project Management Copex Training Course focuses on re-emphasizing the importance of processes, tools and techniques, adapting them for the modern post pandemic world, allowing you to meet deadlines and deliver against your objectives.
Training Course Objectives
By attending this COPEX training course, you should achieve these goals:
- Understand how projects get started
- Learn the processes, tools and techniques of project planning with a risk management focus
- Influence people to deliver what they promise
- Understand your team members and enable teams to be highly productive
- Work towards win-win negotiations in overcoming conflict
- Communicate progress and success to stakeholders
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers / Team Leaders
- Project Technical / Workstream Leaders
- PMO staff
- Project Sponsors / Owners
- Business Functional Management or personnel
- Anyone who juggles multiple tasks and deadlines
To enhance learning we utilize proven adult learning technology and methods that will result in maximum retention and application. This includes being highly interactive and practical. Video, case studies, diagnostic self-assessment questionnaires, role-playing activities and group exercises to consolidate learning.
Training Course Outline
Day One – Understanding the Starting Point
- Organisation Vision, Mission & Strategy
- What is a pandemic? What is a project? What is project management?
- Project roles and stakeholders
- How are projects selected?
- Project start up: Initiation and understanding the project mission
Day Two - The Project Manager’s Role, Responsibilities and Team
- Selection of the Project Manager
- Project team building and empowerment
- Delegating with confidence
- Safe communication with the project team
- Safe project team leadership
- Conflict handling
Day Three - Project Planning and Scheduling
- What is project planning?
- What work has to be done?
- In what order will the work be done?
- How long will work take?
- Who do we want to undertake the work, including acceleration techniques?
- What tools can we use to communicate our plans?
Day Four - Risk Management and Baselining
- How much will the project cost?
- Risk Management processes, tools and techniques
- Designing the monitoring and control system using S curves
- Introducing a change control system
- Audits and other types of meetings
Day Five - Monitoring and Control, Evaluation, Reporting, Closure & Hand-over
- The monitoring and control processes - overview
- Understanding Earned Value Management to monitor projects
- Reviewing what has been achieved and reporting progress
- Project hand-over to operations
- Has my project been a success?
- Lessons learned
© 2023. Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.