Why Choose this Training Course?
Investing in projects is an important decision and needs to be supported by really effective Project Initiation and Planning. In this second module of the Project Formulation and Feasibility Studies Analysis Course, we build on the outcomes of Feasibility Study Analysis to explore how to undertake the vital early work of engaging with stakeholders to define the project in detail and then how to create a clear and effective plan for project execution.
This highly beneficial module provides a comprehensive focus on the PMI PMBOK® Project Management Standards and the Project Initiation and Planning Processes which help to deliver the most sustainably valuable outcomes from all projects.
This training course will feature:
- The Principles and Performance Domains for effective Project Management
- Identifying Stakeholders and Creating the Project Charter
- Creating the Project Management Plan
- Planning processes for Scope, Quality and Risk Management
- Planning processes for Schedule and Cost Management
- Planning processes for Resource, Communication, Stakeholder and Procurement Management
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Engage effectively with Project Stakeholders
- Create a Project Charter
- Create a Project Management Plan
- Carry out Project Planning Processes
- Prepare a Project for Execution
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course will benefit anyone who might need to take part in projects including people responsible for leading, managing or delivering projects or parts of projects. It is suitable for those relatively new to the discipline as well as to more seasoned managers who may need to undertake Project Initiation and Planning following important investment decisions.
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers
- Project Planners
- Managers responsible for launching new products and services
- Senior operations managers
- People launching new business ventures
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course focuses strongly on interactivity and practical exercises. Short presentations are combined with extensive discussions, team activities and case study exercises. Examples from the delegates own organizations are used to bring training to life and to ground it in reality.
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management Performance Domains
- Project Management Life Cycles
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Prioritising Stakeholders
- Developing a Project Charter
- Developing the Project Management Plan
- Planning Scope Management
- Collecting Requirements
- Defining Scope
- Creating Work Breakdown Structures
- Planning Quality Management
- Planning Risk Management
- Identifying Risks
- Creative Thinking Techniques
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Planning Risk Response
- Planning Schedule Management
- Defining and Sequencing Activities
- Estimating Activity Durations and Developing the Project Schedule
- Planning Cost Management
- Estimating Costs
- Determining the Budget
- Planning Resource Management
- Estimating Project Resources
- Planning Communications Management
- Planning Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning Procurement Management
- Preparing the project for Execution
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.