Why Choose this Training Course?
This COPEX training course provides you with the essential knowledge and skills to analyse infrastructure projects in order to meet National and Organisational objectives in an effective and sustainable manner. It uses the very latest international tools and techniques of analysis and evaluation to ensure that delegates develop the necessary skills to transfer real benefits to their organization. These skills will be developed through the Analysis of Infrastructure Case Studies relevant to the delegates own organization. As a result maximum benefit will be gained by both the delegate and their organization, supported by both hard and soft copy of course notes.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course you should achieve these goals:
- An Ability to Evaluate Infrastructure Projects to Meet National and Organisational Objectives
- Undertake, Technical, Economic, Financial & Risk Analysis
- Forecast Project Cashflows, Income, Costs & Duration Accurately
- Recommend Appropriate Methods of Finance
- Undertake Financial Evaluation of Projects to Determine Their Financial & Economic Viability and Sustainability
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Engineers & Managers
- Finance Managers & Professionals
- Professional at All Levels Involved in Projects
- Major Infrastructure Projects
- Selecting Projects to meet National and Organisational Objectives
- What is Project Finance?
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) & Parties to Project Finance Schemes
- The Investment Criteria & The Investment Planning Process
- Technical, Feasibility & Environmental Analysis
- Economic Analysis & Sustainability
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Cost–Benefit Analysis – Finance V Economic Value Added
- Forecasting Project Cashflows
- PERT – dealing with Uncertainties
- Probabilistic/Statistical Analysis
- Correlation & Regression to estimate costs
- Evaluation & Analysis of Cashflows using Spreadsheet Skills
- The Structure of Project Finance Schemes for Infrastructure Projects
- Equity & Debt Financing
- Recourse & Non-recourse Finance
- Bonds; Guarantees and Letters of Credit
- Calculating the Cost of Finance
- Return on Equity ROE; Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCRs); Governments and Value for Money (VfM)
- Capital Investment Appraisal Techniques - Payback; ARR, NPV, IRR etc.
- Economic NPV & Economic Value Added
- Sensitivity Analysis & Simulation Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course