Why Choose this Training Course?
The simple yet powerful Lean Management concepts have been used to manage teams in some of the most demanding industries such as software development, manufacturing, construction. The challenges rest on the shoulders of team leaders to create an environment and the systems conducive for employees to comprehensively embrace lean to achieve optimal organizational performance. This practice-laden training course enables participants to examine the role of team leaders in the development of ecosystems learnt from Toyota's practices to achieve successful lean performance. It provides trainees with the opportunity to experience different methods, tools and techniques which will enable leaders to improve performance, achieve desired results and approach the role with confidence.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course on Lean Performance and People Capacity Development Strategy, delegates will be able to master the methods, tools and techniques of Lean for superior people and organizational performance, including opportunities for their own development.
More specifically, they should be able to:
- Discern the Organization’s Management Environment for Successful and Sustained Lean Performance, Individually and Operationally
- Describe Their Roles, and Problem-Solving Responsibilities that Create and Maintain a Lean Environment in the Context of the Strategic Priorities of Their Organization
- Apply and Reap the Functions of Lean Tools to Optimize People and Organizational Performance
- Identify and Prioritize the Core Competencies Needed by People Working in a Lean Operation
- Encourage Responsibility and Enhance Employee Thinking and Initiative Through the Appropriate Management Behaviours
- Differentiate and Recognize Between On-the-Job Training (OJT) and Development (OJD) and Classroom Training and Their Respective Functions in a Lean Context
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who are involved in Lean Performance and People Capacity Development Strategy and who want to understand, implement and improve the Lean concepts, processes and ideas. For example:
- Departmental Managers / Function Heads
- Lean Facilitators and Coordinators who Directly Support in the Lean Transformation Efforts
- HR Managers and Professionals (in the Capacity of Supporting Roles)
- Executives in their Supporting Roles
- Anyone with a Responsibility for Development of Individual Lean Performers (Other than their Reports and Themselves)
- Introduction to the Lean Management
- 5 key Lean principles: value, value stream, flow, pull, and perfection
- Establishing Long-Term Purpose
- Lean Process Improvement & Excellence
- Respect, Develop and Challenge People & Partners
- Problem solving and continuous improvement cycle
- The lean leader, and lean leadership rules for sustainable implementation
- What does a lean manager do in people development?
- The four main elements of lean leadership
- The different leadership styles
- The Manager’s partners in development and their roles
- The three levels of processes and practices necessary to develop people
- Optimizing operational efficiency by manipulating operator and layout interfaces
- Defining role and performance requirements in a value stream and strategic context
- Applying lean tools and practices to create capable systems that enable successful performance
- Distinguishing the normal from the abnormal
- Leading by defining purpose and delegating responsibility
- Establishing and sustaining problem-solving responsibility
- Issuing a description of core lean capabilities by level
- Selecting on the basis of core capabilities and role readiness
- Offering roadmaps of education in role and required capabilities by level
- Using role clarification in performance planning and goal setting
- Connecting performance and development in a performance planning and review process
- Deploying rotation and short-term assignment to spur development
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) vs. On-the-Job Development (OJD) and education
- The assessment of capabilities and needs of the individual performers
- The basics of problem solving and job handling capabilities
- Providing opportunities for working out-the-box or silo
- Key concepts in coaching and mentoring roles
- Making requirements and supporting individual learners’ self-reflection
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course