This comprehensive course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual 5 Day courses.
Module 1 - Strategic Planning, Development & Implementation: Excellence and Innovation in Strategic Planning
Module 2 - Strategy, Leadership & Innovation: Achieving Strategy through Leadership
Training Course Overview
This comprehensive two-week training course is suitable for strategic leaders and first line professionals. It addresses how strategies are developed in a complex, dynamic environment and how they are then communicated and implemented to achieve business results. Week one focuses on innovating and planning while week two drills deeper into human and organizational factors needed for effective problem solving and team work leading to sound strategy implementation. Business sustainability and success require clear decision making and strong leadership. The training course includes linear and creative approaches to strategy development and allows delegates opportunities to enhance key leadership skills. The two-week training course gives delegates a sound understanding of strategy and planning principles. It is strongly suggested that strategic leaders attend both weeks.
Training Course Objectives
Attending the intensive 10-day training course will give delegates an opportunity to:
- Develop the Three Key Strategic Agendas for Leaders - Intellectual, Managerial and Behavioural
- Identify the Most Effective Balance of Operational Excellence and Breakthrough Strategic Performance
- Identify Critical Strategic Issues and Opportunities
- Practice and Encourage Your People to Think Differently and Workout New Initiatives and Innovate
- Change your Environment to Support Your New Strategic Initiatives
This COPEX training course is designed for individuals who either currently hold or aspire to hold middle and senior management positions, who are responsible for contributing to the development of strategies and plans as well as their implementation. These include:
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Team Leaders
- Corporate Strategy, HR and Other Functional Managers
- Heads of Division
- Heads of Department
Training Course Outline
From the large body of knowledge about strategy and the challenges of effective implementation, the following topics have been chosen for inclusion in this training course:
- Use Strategy Language Well to Communicate Effectively with Managers and Staff
- Recognise That ‘Doing Nothing’ is Not a Sound Strategic Option, External and Internal Factors Demand a Response and Change is Inevitable
- Learn Which Tools to Use for Evaluating Internal Capabilities and External Opportunities and Threats e.g. Scenarios, PESTLE, 7S Framework, SWOT
- Developing an Understanding of the Environment Needed for Leaders to Support Creativity and Innovation
- Developing Leadership Skills to Support Strategic Agility
- Learn the Importance of Managers’ Helicopter Qualities - The Ability to “Zoom In, Zoom Out” to Make Sound Strategic Decisions
- Learn How Different Organisational Structures can Impact Effective Implementation
- Use the Balanced Scorecard to Select the Most Relevant Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- Recognise Which Leadership Capabilities are Needed for Strategy Implementation and Review Your Own Capabilities
- Learn How Culture and Practice Lead to Employee Engagement; the Importance of Reward and Recognition
- Learning How to Drive Strategic Success by Setting a Clear and Consistent Path and Understanding People’s Reactions to Change
© 2022. Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.