Why Choose this Training Course?
During the COVID-19 pandemic we have all become used to hearing about the need for, or shortages of, PPE – Personal Protective Equipment - to keep medical and other staff safe from infection. But when working with contracts, what is the commercial equivalent of PPE? What contractual protection can contract owners make sure they have included in their contracts, to protect their organisations if their contracts go wrong? What are the essentials to include in a commercial agreement to manage the risks of contractor failure?
This highly participative one-day online training event will help any participant who is planning a new contract, or is managing existing contracts, to consider the use of contractual tools to manage commercial risk.
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Engineers
- Contracts Administration Professionals
- Contract Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Procurement Department members
- Anyone responsible for negotiating, drafting and preparing contracts
- Identifying, analysing and mitigating contractor-based risk
- The contract document development process
- Using standard contract templates: FIDIC, NEC and other models
- Important Contract terms and conditions, including
- Default / contract breach
- Suspension and Termination
- Assignment and sub-contracting restrictions
- Force Majeure
- Exclusion and limitation of liability
- Indemnity and insurance clauses
- Liquidated damages and penalty clauses
- COPEX e-Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course