Why Choose this Training Course?
This intensive project management training course offers comprehensive guidance for managing any type of project, small or complex, providing delegates with a solid foundation of project management, from the very start, to the successful conclusion of a project.
This COPEX training course explores the very foundations of how projects are different to the operational world, but an absolute necessity when it comes to changing the operational world. You will discover how the very best practice management techniques are used to take a project through a project lifecycle, from Inception, through Definition, Execution, Monitoring and Control to Closure.
Interacting with the project lifecycle are what are described the hard skills of Project Management e.g. Scope Management, Schedule Management, Resource Management, Cost Management; along with the soft skills necessary to deliver a project e.g. Team Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Project Communications, Conflict Management.
As Project Management is considered a vital organisational competency, throughout the course the focus will be on how the role of the Project Manager interacts with the other key roles e.g. Project Sponsor, Project Team, Steering Group, Project Management Office, who are all responsible for aspects of an project management capability in an organisation.
This training course will feature:
- An Introduction to the World of Project Management
- The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting
- Project Resourcing, Monitoring and Control
- Project Evaluation, Reporting, Closure and Hand-Over
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate Between a Project and Business As Usual (BAU)
- Understand Stakeholder Roles and View Points
- Develop Quality-Focused Project Plans to Communicate to Key Decision Makers
- Lead and Develop Effective Project Teams
- Monitor and Control the Delivery of Project Plans
- Maintain Effective Communication with Project Stakeholders
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is designed for professionals either directly or indirectly involved in the delivery of projects. It is suitable for a wide range of project management professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Existing Project Managers
- New Project Managers
- Project Team Members
- Project Sponsors
- PMO Staff
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes small group discussions that will enable delegates to share their own experiences and discuss the course concepts.
Hands-on exercises and case studies will provide the opportunity to practice the use of the models, techniques and competencies covered. Personal assessment, reflection and action planning will ensure that delegates know how they will put the learning into practice.
- What is a Project?
- Mature Project Management
- Selecting Projects to Meet Organizational Goals
- Managing Programmes and Portfolios
- Uncertainty in Project Selection Decisions
- Project Data, Information and Knowledge Management
- Strategic, Tactical and Operational Planning
- The Contents of a Project Plan
- Level of Detail in Scheduling
- Network Logic and Dependency Analysis
- Project Uncertainty and Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Budgeting and Cost Control
- Resource Allocation
- Expediting a Project
- The Critical Chain Approach
- Designing the Monitoring Cycle
- Performance Indicators and Control Mechanisms
- Designing the Change Control System
- Selection of the Project Manager
- Project Team-Building and Empowerment
- Delegating with Confidence
- Communication Within the Project Team
- Project Team Leadership
- Conflict Handling
- Evaluation Criteria and Project Auditing
- Analysing Project Performance
- Progress Reports and Records
- Determinants of Project Success
- Successful Project Hand-Over
- Lessons Learned and Creating Learning Culture
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course