Why Choose this Training Course?
Are you wondering how to develop your own personal leadership style and approach to become highly effective with every action you take or decision you make in leading your projects?
Then this COPEX training course is for you as it pays special attention to enhancing your ability to leverage personal skills to influence and persuade others to undertake work on time. It will assist you to negotiate in your customer and supplier relationships, with people over whom you may not have direct control.
This COPEX training course explore politics in projects, leadership skills, influencing skills, negotiating and conflict resolving techniques within projects.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, you will be able to:
- Appraise your project leadership skills
- Apply a range of concepts to utilize power and to influence others
- Manage corporate politics at the project level as well as the senior management level
- Apply principles, guidelines and common methods of negotiation on projects
- Apply leadership techniques to enhance the performance of project teams
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course will be of great value to anyone managing or involved in projects regardless of their professional background or industry but will greatly benefit:
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Workstream leaders
- Project sponsors / Owners
- The nature and challenges of the project environment
- Organisational politics and its impact on projects
- How to promote a project-focused culture
- Identifying and analyzing project stakeholders
- The Need in a project environment for result-based leadership
- Characteristics of an effective project leader
- Project leadership styles and style flexibility
- Applying leadership styles to individual performance management
- Applying leadership styles to team development
- Key project leadership skills: Communication and coaching
- How power and influence can create excellence in project leadership
- Identifying and categorizing stakeholders in terms of attitude and power / influence
- Sources of power for the project manager
- Applying power and influence to project teams
- Delegation and empowerment
- The need for negotiation on projects
- The importance of win-win negotiations
- The project leader as negotiator
- Preparing & Conducting negotiations
- Identifying and managing conflict
- Establishing your own leadership style preferences
- Devising a political strategy
- Creating a positive project culture
- Devising a project communication plan
- Establishing negotiation requirements for your project
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course