Why Choose this Training Course?
This Master Class will enlighten coverage afforded by such time-related insurance policies and how claims are triggered. Common policy issues relating to delays in projects and reasons for the delays will be addressed. Various types of incident scenarios will be shared, and application of the policy cover will also be considered.
The session will be handled by an experienced Facilitator who is very familiar with this subject matter. He has decades of this subject handling experience. He will use adult learning methods incorporating inter-active formats to share his course material. Case studies and in-depth discussion dialogues will be used to enhance the learning process.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, you will be able to:
- Understand How These Project Delay Insurance Policies are Arranged and the Protection Afforded
- Learn the Underwriter’s Consideration at the Time of Underwriting the Risk
- Appreciate the Claims Handling Aspect of this Subject Matter
- Highlight Type of Projects that Require Such Coverage
- Apply Some of the Concepts Relating to Project Delays and How it Affects the Contract Arrangements
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course is primarily designed to cater for project personnel and construction industry technical staff but not limited to Project Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Consultants, Building Surveyors, Financial / Banking officials and representatives of Government agencies and utility companies.
- Managing Projects and Stakeholders
- The Need for Insurance in Construction Projects
- The use of A.L.O.P cover to mitigate losses
- Projects Contract Administration
- Conditions of Contracts (FIDIC and other contracts)
- Current projects in MENA and Asia – in relation to delays
- How the CAR policy is arranged?
- Relevant Coverage
- Discussion on Period of Cover and hand over issues
- General Exclusions – Is War related losses covered?
- Policy Conditions – Taking reasonable precautions
- What if there are two policies arranged for the same site?
- Policy Operative Clause
- Sum Insured
- Limit of Liability
- Typical examples for each Section
- How about Section II losses and delays?
- Consequential loss – covered?
- Who buys A.L.O.P cover?
- Coverage and exposures
- Exceptions and Conditions
- Connection to Section I
- Role of Loss Adjusters in Claims Handling
- Insured loss and the A.L.O.P claim
- What are Underwriters Concerns?
- Risk Management and How it Works
- Claims Management and Project Monitoring
- How to over come project delays?
- The use of Performance Bonds
- Case Studies relating to delays and A.L.O.P cover
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course