Why Choose this Training Course?
Is your organization under pressure from an ever-growing list of conflicting demands and constantly changing priorities?
There is not much point in having your teams working hard if they are not working hard on “the correct objectives”. Establishing value and prioritizing work to achieve that value is key to success in an increasingly volatile business environment. Establishing the value that your organization needs to produce and then linking that value to strategies that are aligned to delivery mechanisms such as programmes and projects is vital to achieving business success. That is what this training course is about - presenting standard practices for managing portfolios of work incorporating effective programme and project governance.
This COPEX training course will support you to develop practices and techniques to prioritize initiatives, coordinate project dependencies and allocate resources in order to realize targeted benefits.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, you will be able to:
- Apply Governance Mechanisms to Achieve Key Outcomes Through Project Deliverables
- Compose Effective Dashboards and Scorecards to Report Project Performance
- Align Strategic Goals with Project Implementation Through Effective Chartering Techniques
- Apply Generally Accepted Project Management Techniques to Establish an Integrated Project Plan Baseline
- Measure, Forecast, Present Status and Control Project Performance Using Proactive Change Management
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is designed for professionals either directly or indirectly involved in the delivery of projects. It will also prove informative and useful to members of an organization tasked with strategic oversight and portfolio management.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior Management
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project governance structures
- Portfolio management mechanisms
- Managing related projects - controlling a programme
- The nature of projects
- Setting up for success
- Project management maturity
- Understanding strategy
- Roles and responsibilities in portfolio management
- Develop the portfolio strategic plan
- Chartering the portfolio
- Define the roadmap
- Portfolio management
- Programme definition
- The programme manager
- Setting up a programme
- Programme Lifecycle phases
- Controlling programmes of projects
- Effective communications
- Defining a project
- Planning project scope
- Other key planning considerations
- Project management
- Reporting and controlling work
- Closing projects
- Project selection techniques
- Aligned definition of projects within a program
- Managing change - effective reporting
- Benefits measurement - linking outputs with outcome
- Leadership and teamwork
- Selecting appropriate project lifecycles
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course