Why Choose this Training Course?
Emotional intelligence is key to managing relationships which in turn gives you the ability to manage and resolve conflicts which can arise for so many reasons in our business and private lives. This managing conflict with emotional intelligence training course encourages you to consider your personal traits, habits and behaviours before enabling you to build a repertoire of skills that, when applied, will give you the ability to resolve conflict and achieve more through building better relationships at work.
During this training course, you will discover how emotions can always play a part in relationships and how you can learn to manage your emotions and begin to manage the emotions of others in a positive way to help you control inner reaction and thoughts. Successful people in business are able to understand the part that emotions play in their life and their actions and the course will help you to unlock skills to resolve conflict effectively.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Understanding how emotions impact on relationships
- A full description of Emotional Intelligence and how to apply it to good effect
- How leaders can develop their relationship skills to communicate vision effectively
- The application of personal development theories and practices when managing conflict
- Effective application of skills to deal with difficult conversations
- How to prepare effectively for negotiations
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and develop personal and interpersonal skills when dealing with people
- Identify ways to apply emotional intelligence in building successful business relationships
- Understand how to control emotions when experiencing stressful situations
- Demonstrate effective methods for influencing others
- Understand how to read the emotions of others before managing relationships
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Delegates who want to achieve more through having a good understanding of Emotional Intelligence
- Managers who are being prepared for promotion and are required step up in areas of leadership
- Managers who are looking to refresh their interpersonal skills when influencing and working with others
- Leaders who need to communicate vision more effectively for better results
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course provides input based on popular published works. It uses tools and questionnaires to encourage delegates to learn about their own traits and responses to situations before encouraging them to apply new techniques to enhance their effectiveness. The course will be highly participative and enjoyable with interactive exercises throughout.
- Identifying causes of conflict
- Our central belief system and inner conflict
- Conflict resolution models and techniques
- Managing conflict within teams
- The emotional context of conflict escalation
- Workplace conflict avoidance
- Emotional intelligence in context with management psychology
- The principles on which emotional intelligence is founded
- Key factors in intrapersonal skill development
- How non-verbal signals communicate the emotional state
- Developing effective questioning and listening to understand emotions
- Developing language patterns for diffusing conflict
- Principles of leadership and management
- The importance of communicating vision for emotional engagement
- How leaders inspire confidence in others
- Assessing and improving your emotional intelligence
- How do successful leaders become emotionally savvy
- Language patterns for influence and motivation
- Separating the people, problems and emotions in a conflict
- 4 key options for addressing conflict
- Creating emotionally intelligent relationships
- Fundamentals of emotional intelligence for conflict resolution
- Structuring conversations to achieve settlement
- Unbiased and non-judgemental approaches to resolving conflict
- Engagement or avoidance attitudes to conflict
- Controlling emotional tension in the workplace
- Principles of negotiation and disagreement
- Handling difficult conversations
- Maintaining relationships and repairing when they fail
- Personal planning for building skills
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course