Why Choose this Training Course?
Nobody can undermine the significant impact of maintenance management and its related technology on the integrity of industrial plants. This COPEX training course covers all aspects of maintenance systems, reliability engineering, and asset management analysis using a structured and systematic approach. It covers aspects related to maintenance in terms of its best practice and management. Furthermore, you will gain hands on experience on how to manage planned and existing assets, and learn from existing data about failures for prevention.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course delegates will be able to make a substantial, positive impact on the Maintenance Management best practices within their organization, more specifically:
- Use Practical Steps and Processes to Manage the Maintenance Function
- Identify Safety and Integrity Issues
- Control Multiple Risks Using Limited Strategies
- Learn from Previous Major Failures in Different Industries
- Evaluate Maintenance Management During the Life Cycle of an Asset
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who are involved in any aspect of Maintenance Management and who want to understand, implement and improve the latest Maintenance Management concepts, processes and ideas. For example:
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance & Reliability Engineers
- Asset Managers
- Operations Managers
- Technical Managers & Supervisors
- Board Level Executives and Non-Executives
- Consultants in Project, Asset, Maintenance and Risk Management
- Maintenance Supervisors and Superintendents
- Reliability Engineers
- Safety and Integrity Professionals
Module 1: Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Introduction to Maintenance Management
- Definitions of key terms
- Types of Maintenance – Reactive, planned and improvement jobs, Preventive and Proactive
- A comprehensive maintenance control system
- Priorities when implement a systematic preventative maintenance program
- Case Studies Learning from Failures
- Developing Maintenance Key Performance Indicators
- The Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- The Concept of ‘Ask Why 5 times!’
- Teamwork and Continuous Improvement
- Case Studies from Different Industries
- What is Reliability, Redundancy, Failure, Maintainability and Availability?
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) & Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- The Concept of the Bathtub Curve
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Computerized maintenance Management Systems
- Selection of Appropriate Maintenance Strategy
- The Decision-Making Grid (DMG)
- Integration of TPM, RCM and CBM
- Case Studies from Different Industries
- The Concept of Benchmarking
- Project Management in Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Phases of Projects
- Project management tools for planning
- The concept of critical path method (CPM)
- Resource Allocation
- Project Crashing
Module 2: Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management Technology Best Practices
- Cavitation in pumps.
- Tripping of turbines.
- Surging in compressors.
- Wear Mechanisms : Fatigue, Fretting, and Corrosion.
- Fundamental Machine Problems: Balance Problems, Alignment Problems, Machinery Mounting Problems
- Fundamentals of maintenance and asset management.
- Elementary Statistics and standards.
- Reliability Models
- Learning from major failures case studies in process industries.
- Learning from major failures case studies in oil and gas industries.
- Root cause analysis and extractions of specific and generic lessons.
- Further reliability definitions and standards.
- Hazard function and bath tub curve.
- Weibull analysis.
- Case studies from rotating equipment.
- Case studies of major failures in other industries and lessons learned.
- General Purpose
- What is Vibration
- Thermal Monitoring
- Lubricant Monitoring
- The Essentials of Vibration Monitoring
- Main criticism of existing management of computerised maintenance systems.
- The Asset Management framework.
- The decision making grid approach.
- Selection of appropriate maintenance strategies.
- Integration of RCM, TPM, and CBM approaches
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course