Why Choose this Training Course?
Already before the Pandemic, Projects were suffering from scope changes, delays and cost overrun, calling for the need to implement and use an effective project control system that is integrating various aspects of project: scope, schedule, budget, risk, workflow, etc on the enterprise level. The changes expected in the post COVID-19 era, will demand more from the project control systems to coop with the new developments in the areas of digital transformation, cloud computing and big data. The new Project Control systems shall account also for the integration of the new risks to provide a complete integrated, yet flexible, system. This Effective Project Control Systems for Post COVID Developments training course is providing insights and hands-on training on how to design and implement such systems.
This online training course will feature:
- Project control concepts and systems
- Planning techniques for post pandemic era
- Budgeting, controlling and progress measurements
- Analyzing and overcoming project delays and cost overruns
- Risk and contract management in the new normal
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the components and modules of an integrated Project Control System (PCS)
- Understand and collect the requirements of the business in post Pandemic era
- Select the appropriate level of details for ePCS
- Learn how to implement the ePCS including planning, scheduling, budgeting and controlling scope, schedule, cost/budget, risks, changes and records of the post COVID-19
- Ensure that the ePCS reports are conveying single version of the truth on project status to enable informed decision making by management
Who is this Training Course for?
The online training course is tailored for all personnel who are exposed to, involved in, or responsible for, the establishing and/or the use of Project Control Systems for scope, schedule, cost, and change control. It is also most beneficial for senior managers having initiatives for post pandemic planning and control of projects.
This COPEX online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Sponsors and Senior Managers
- Project Controls Managers and Staff
- Project Planners and Schedulers
- Cost Estimators and Cost Controllers
- Project Directors / Project Managers
- PMO Managers and Staff
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. To serve the program goals a mix of different techniques will be used to energize the trainees such as lectures, power-point presentation, application on portfolio analysis tools, structured discussions, brainstorming sessions and case studies.
- Project Life Cycle Stages and Gating Systems
- The need for an Enterprise Project Control System (ePCS)
- Enterprise Project Management Control System (ePCS) Modules
- The ePCS Team / Roles and Responsibilities
- The Role of ePCS in handing post COVID-19 challenges
- Day 1 Case Study presentation of an ePCS Tool
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) / Organization Breakdown Structure (OBS) and Control Accounts
- Developing the Project Schedule and baselining the schedule
- Different Methods of Schedule Updating (Physical, milestones, etc)
- Special Scheduling concepts for post pandemic project requirements
- Activity Resources Requirements and Develop the Resource Plan
- Day 2 Case Studies and Workshops
- Type of Project Costs and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS)
- Developing the Project Budget
- The Earned Value Method, definitions and history
- Earned value metrics, KPIs and Reports (SV, CV, SPI, SPI, TCPI, etc)
- Progress Measurement Systems
- Reporting during project phases
- Day 3 Case Studies and Workshops
- Definition and Classification of Delays?
- Concurrent delays according to the new SCL Protocol (Society of Construction Law)
- Delay Analysis using Time Impact Analysis (TIA), Windows Analysis and other methods
- Delay Damages and Disruption Costs
- Acceleration, constructive acceleration and recovery plans and associated costs
- Day 4 Case Studies and Workshops
- Risk Assessment, Risk Analysis, Risk Treatment and Action Plans
- Monte Carlo Simulation and quantifying Risks
- Type of Project Contracts and Project Changes
- Managing Changes to the Contracts
- Day 5 Case Studies and Workshops
- Final Course Review and Assessment
- Copex E-Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online course.
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.