Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive training seminar will ensure that delegates understand how contractor management will fit in the Asset Management context - how to select the right contractor and contract type which suits your sourcing strategy and how to manage and monitor the results. Further, topics such as risk management, safety-health-environment aspects, partnerships, negotiating, people management (winning the hearts of the people) and applying contracts in a complex project environment (Turnkey contracts, Public Private Partnerships PPP) will be considered.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss the existing contracts used in the organisation. Through a combination of formal lectures and group work, delegates will leave the course with the tools to make contracts and contract management highly effective.
This seminar will highlight the skills and knowledge areas of Effective Contractor Management in Maintenance & Technical Projects, such as:
- Sourcing strategy within Asset Management
- Contract types incl. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Design & Construct (D&C)
- Selecting the best contractor – procurement aspects
- Risk management & SHE
- Monitoring & managing performance with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Negotiating the contract
- Contractor management in a project environment – Turnkey, PPP contracts
- Managing the behaviour of people to get sustainable results
- Continuous improvement aspects
What are the Goals?
At the end of this seminar, you are able to:
- Explain the basic elements of effective contractor management and its position within asset management
- Evaluate bids and proposals and choose the right contractor
- Identify, evaluate and manage the risks involved (SHE, performance)
- Manage &monitor the contractor performance in an innovative way
- Develop and negotiate contracts
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals involved in the area of contractor management, but will greatly benefit:
- Operations & Maintenance professionals
- Reliability, Asset & Plant professionals
- All professionals involved in contractor management
- All professionals negotiating, managing and verifying contracts in maintenance & technical projects
- Production & Continuous Improvement professionals
- Contract management teams
- Facility management teams
- Shutdown and Turnaround management teams
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on contractor management
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The seminar will be conducted along interactive workshop principles. There will be a variance of lectures and practical exercises. Experiences from different areas will be discussed. There will be many opportunities for discussion and sharing experiences.
- Overview of contractor management and how it relates to asset management
- Sourcing strategies
- Risks involved – risk management & SHE aspects
- Grounding the maintenance contract with a Risk Based Maintenance concept – how to keep that knowledge in-house
- Contracts – basic types
- Contracts – complex types (Turnkey, Design & Construct, Public Private Partnerships)
- Procurement aspects
- Choosing the right contractor
- Monitoring & managing contractor performance – from traditional penalties & rewards to more innovative ways
- The contracting cycle
- Requirements / service levels, RAMS aspects (Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety)
- Writing the contract
- Periodic evaluation &continuous improvement – vendor management
- Implementing contract management – how to make it work by influencing the behaviour of people
- Negotiating the contract – negotiation ploys, tactics & tips
- In a very interactive workshop all major topics of this seminar will be highlighted and practised in groups. Major topics will be:
- Requirements / service levels – defining what you want
- Tendering process
- Contractor selection
- Contractor management – measuring & managing the performance
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.