Why Choose this Training Course?
Is there a correlation between employee trust in their managers and leaders and company success?
Recent company research has distinguished between organisations that are ‘Trust Leaders’ and those that are ‘Trust Laggards’. The former are the elite 10% of companies whose employees agree with the statement, ‘employees have high trust in leaders and the organization.’ Trust Laggards are those where employees are least likely to agree with this.
Trust Leaders are more than two and a half times more likely than Trust Laggards to be leaders in revenue growth. They also significantly outperform all other organizations in achieving key business goals: customer loyalty and retention, competitive market position, ethical behavior and actions, predictable business and financial results, and profit growth.
Trust Leaders outstrip other organisations in the behaviours and actions that foster the right cultural conditions for high trust in organizations.
This popular COPEX training course will identify those trust-building behaviours and actions. It will then help you embed them in your management and leadership style to ensure team and company success.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply the skills necessary to increase employee trust in your leadership
- Effectively use methods to ensure employees are engaged and committed to company and team objectives
- Motivate and engage colleagues to gain their commitment and support
- Use positive communication and influencing techniques to ensure employee engagement is optimised
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Anyone who wants to become a leader in their work role
- Trust as a value – its origins and connections to other values
- What the research on trust-building tells us
- Employee engagement studies – what they tell us about trust
- What causes trust breakdown? The biggest trust killers - research-based evidence
- Organisations with high trust levels - what they do and how they benefit from it
- How you view people and how that influences trust
- Deep listening to gain respect
- The skills of reflecting, paraphrasing and summarising to avoid misunderstandings
- Communicating with transparency: techniques, do’s and don’ts – writing for transparency
- Communicating with transparency: techniques, do’s and don’ts – presenting for transparency
- Building rapport and respect
- Understanding others’ values and learning to respect difference and diversity
- The psychology of ‘letting go’ - challenging your need for control and delegating appropriately
- Manage people towards independence - using situational leadership as a tool to get out of peoples’ way and develop trust
- Being assertive and respected in challenging poor behaviour- being trusted by all team members to ‘do the right thing’
- Coaching people to take personal responsibility and build autonomy
- Communicating unpleasant consequences of corporate decisions to employees: using clarity and honesty in messaging
- Giving positive feedback and showing appreciation of effort to build trust and loyalty
- Let your team know what you stand for - values-driven, authentic leadership
- Practise public accountability and integrity
- The power of the Shadow of the Leader
- Deploy modern motivation techniques to stimulate self-reliance and trust
- Use influencing and persuasion skills and techniques to get employee buy-in
- What is culture?
- What are the techniques involved in building culture for your team or your organisation?
- What other companies do to build culture?
- Develop a team mission, vision and set of values
- Build a team culture of inclusion
- Involve your people in change management - building a team of change agents to spread a culture of trust
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course