Why Choose this Training Course?
Breakthrough leadership differs from simply leading a team, department or division. It implies breaking through barriers, gaining new ground and pushing the envelope of what’s possible in a bold and innovative manner. At the same time, breakthrough leaders are acutely aware that they cannot ‘win big’ on their own - they know it takes capable, highly motivated employees who are enabled to deliver extraordinary results.
This intensive, 5-day training course is aimed at individuals with the ambition to become true breakthrough leaders. The programme is designed to challenge participants and take them out of their comfort zones, and it offers them the opportunity to profoundly re-calibrate their approach to leading others.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Assessing your own unique leadership psychology
- Leveraging the psychology of integrity and courage
- Building empowered, engaged and capable teams
- Eliciting laser-focused performance from your direct reports
- Applying the principles of break-through coaching and mentoring
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the four fundamental leadership personalities
- Translate the ‘new’ and the ‘uncomfortable’ into opportunities for growth
- Take their teams to remarkable levels of growth and performance
- Apply cutting-edge performance management techniques
- Confidently lead people through times of change and uncertainty
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior Managers eager to develop their ‘leadership edge’
- Mid-Level leaders
- First Level Managers keen to make an early impact
- Departmental and Divisional Managers / Leaders
- Individuals about to be promoted into a mid- or senior level leadership role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. It utilises a blended learning approach and employs a variety of approaches such as action learning, group discussions, video case studies and self-reflection exercises. The resulting variety helps delegates to stay engaged throughout the course, feel challenged and draw quick wins for their own development.
- The profound impact of managers and leaders
- The secrets of breakthrough leadership: courage, integrity and persistence
- Re-negotiating the playing field: are you enabled to deliver break-throughs?
- Leading versus managing
- Intentional Leadership – the hallmark of the most effective leaders
- The science and psychology of leadership
- Leading with emotional intelligence
- The link between emotional states and high workplace performance
- Creating an empowering vision
- How to give effective feedback
- Strategic conflict resolution
- Dislodging entrenched disagreements
- Reading and Shaping Team Dynamics
- Positioning your team on the ‘Performance Curve’
- Creating a high-performance team climate
- Fostering a Growth Mindset
- Classic Motivational Approaches
- Influencing your team and other stakeholders
- The art of coaching for break-through performance
- Applying coaching strategies for success
- Using questioning techniques
- Active versus reactive listening
- 21st Century performance development
- Building trust as a foundation for high performance
- Stakeholder Management
- Creative versus Critical Thinking
- Identifying obstacles and challenges
- Generating breakthrough solutions
- Action planning: intention versus commitment