Why Choose this Training Course?
Being new to management presents you with a whole host of issues and concerns. From difficult employees to demanding bosses, you can never predict where your next problem comes from. As a manager, you will be challenged and tested every day and you will have to solve problems – quickly and effectively. This COPEX online training course introduces you to invaluable tools and techniques that make management easier offering tips to avoid the common mistakes that can arise. Give yourself the chance to succeed and win the respect of those you lead and those who lead you. This interactive online training course offers a safe environment in which to practice field proven techniques and learn the “essentials” that lead to management success.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX online training course, participants will be able to:
- Review Personal Competence and Identify Areas for Development
- Comprehend the Value of the Performance Management Process to Raise Performance and Build Relationships
- Build Your Personal Credibility Through Communicating with Power, Influence and Impact
- Manage Situations of Potential Conflict with Tact and Diplomacy
- Delegate, Prioritise and Allocate Resources Appropriately to Meet Team and Organisational Need
Who is this Training Course for?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Employees About to Undertake Supervisory or Management Positions
- Supervisors Who are Interested in Building Their Management Skills
- Team Leaders, Site, Operations and Production Supervisors
- First Time Managers with No Formal Management Training
- Employees Identified as ‘High Potential’ Future Managers
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- Key accountabilities. Responsibilities, Accountabilities
- The Boss I want to become - Competencies, behaviours and priorities
- Changing Perceptions, New Demands and Enlightened management
- Applying theoretical models
- What style of management does my organisation require?
- Psychometric assessment on my preferred management style
- Driving continuous change for improvement and creative agility
- Clarifying Organisational and Team Purpose
- SMARTER objectives for the 21st century
- Assertive behaviour and successful performance reviews
- Creating the Highly Effective Teams: in house and remote
- Characteristics of Dysfunctional teams
- Generational issues, diversity, challenge and harnessing potential
- Team audit: evaluating current performance to initiate future targets
- Utilising Collective Wisdom solve problems issues and crisis
- Managing Change, the “What if” Factor., Transition and Crisis
- Motivation to Engage: Scope, Support, Connection, Voice
- Communication to Connect, Clarify, Convince and Convey
- Constructive feedback, conflict and handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for individual and team success.
- Review of practice: How well do I motivate my people?
- Ten things the great boss does every day
- The global pandemic: impact and learnings
- What are my key deliverables post pandemic?
- The Golden Rule: achieving goals through the effort of others
- Delegation for Development. How well do I delegate?
- Presentation skills: Inform, Illustrate, Influence, Impact, Initiate
- Action planning for post workshop improvement
- A COPEX e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course