Why Choose this Training Course?
No organisation can succeed without good procurement.
You need to appoint the best suppliers, and ensure that contracts maximise your value for money. By using the correct processes for selecting suppliers, costs will be controlled, quality will improve and organisational efficiency will increase.
Suppliers will seek to optimise their return and need to be engaged in a way that ensures an appropriate relationship for the short and long term. Having the right knowledge and skills in tendering, procurement and negotiation is essential for any organisation to be successful, and requires appropriate planning and preparation rather than luck and optimism.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, delegates will be able to:
- Select the Right Procurement Strategy
- Develop Competitive Bidding Processes
- Evaluate Tenders
- Negotiate with Suppliers
- Run and Administer Tender Processes
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Project Personnel
- Procurement Personnel Who are Responsible for Negotiations
- Other Managers Involved in the Planning, Evaluation, Preparation and Management of Tenders and Specifications that Cover the Acquisition of Materials, Equipment, and Services
- Influence of the external environment
- Adapting to new business models in the light of the recent pandemic
- Critical supply strategies
- Transforming the Supplier relationship
- The Procurement cycle
- Elements of a good procurement process
- Selecting the right contracting strategy
- Stages in the tendering process
- Developing tender evaluation criteria
- Negotiating with short-listed suppliers
- Is a good price the only factor in the process?
- Transforming the supplier relationship
- Defining the organization’s mission in supplier relationships
- Understanding how to be a good customer
- Differentiating between SRM and collaboration
- Is the optimisation of the supply base the only way of working?
- Communication techniques
- Avoiding confrontational negotiations
- New techniques in influencing
- Understanding the other negotiator’s power
- Negotiating pressure points and countermeasures
- Attract and retain procurement management talent
- Producing a realistic personal action plan for improvement
- Business continuity and contingency planning for procurement
- What is Activity-Based Costing
- Ways that procurement can improve finances
- Putting an action plan together
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course