Why Choose this Training Course?
How can you win key accounts and achieve preferred supplier status with them?
That is a major challenge for many B2B companies and it requires a clear key account strategy to build multiple relationships at various levels in the customer’s organisation. It requires an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s challenges, and insight that helps you to increase your value to them, so that they see you as a valuable partner rather than just another transactional supplier.
This COPEX training course shows you how to do it and succeed. It is based on real-life B2B examples that the course director has used to help real companies achieve preferred supplier status.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, you will be able to:
- Design a key account strategy and apply it in practice
- Elevate the status of your organisation within the key account
- Construct value propositions that win preference with the right people
- Overcome the challenge of buyers who want you to lower your prices
- Influence the customer’s specification and negotiate from a stronger position
- Use your key account team more effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Global Heads of Key Accounts who want to secure Key Account customers globally
- Key Account Directors who want to become the Key Account customer’s preferred partner
- Key Account Managers who need to construct and implement a credible Key Account plan
- Key Account Team Members who are required to contribute to the Key Account plan
- Other managers who are required to understand the Key Account plan and support it
- The principles of effective key account management
- Understanding the five levels of KAM
- Information required to construct a key account strategy
- Structuring the key account strategy
- Putting your objectives and strategy into context
- Identifying the customer’s challenges and Key Success Factors
- Finding and filling their capability gaps
- Identifying hidden influencers in the key account
- Discovering their challenges and priorities
- Understanding their attitudes, perception and motivation
- Creating and using personas
- How to tackle competitors in the account
- Defining your KSFs for the account
- Explaining and justifying your strategy and objectives
- Targeting to influence the product specification
- Building relationships with key decision-makers
- Developing credibility outside the account
- Communicating inside the key account
- Becoming the thought-leader externally and internally
- Offering the customer superior value propositions
- Communicating to make your prices buyer-proof
- Using principled negotiation with the key account
- Templates and tools to construct the key account strategy
- Tools to manage and control the strategy
- Forming the key account team
- Using colleagues from different disciplines to add value in the key account
- Building and maintaining motivation for your key account strategy
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course