Why Choose this Training Course?
Are you and your organisation ready for those ‘Unexpected Challenges’? This training course will give you the necessary skills and proven practices to ensure you successfully deal with a crisis and will constructively help you to develop those essential crisis management skills and reveal how to effectively use advanced techniques that will improve your leadership performance at that critical time.
The future is becoming more complex, you will only get one chance to get it right so draw on the expertise of crisis researchers, analysts and practitioners and without delay identify all potential vulnerabilities, map out the possible crisis scenarios and mitigate shortcomings.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, you should achieve these goals:
- How to master the main areas of activity: Preparation, Planning, Response and Recovery
- How to get the maximum from emergency responders and crisis management teams
- How to manage yourself and others in a crisis, make judgements, redefine standards, rapidly establish options
- Develop strategies ensuring that you and your organisation responds efficiently and effectively
- Understand the five deadly leadership behaviours in a crisis
- How to implement six winning strategies in a crisis
Who is this Training Course for?
This powerful COPEX training course will be of benefit to those who find themselves responsible for leading on, or implementing Crisis Management and Emergency Response in both the public and the private sector.
- Security & Fire Management
- Health, Safety Security and Environment personnel
- Emergency Response Team members
- Crisis Management Team members
- Professionals who have been allocated crisis management tasks yet have had insufficient time to devote to the subject
- Understanding Crisis Management and how to manage a Crisis
- Consider the complete range of risks facing businesses in the 21st century
- Crisis Managers - Roles & Responsibilities - manage the issue before it becomes a Crisis
- Who else inside and outside the organisation should be involved?
- Five deadly Leadership behaviours & Six winning strategies
- Understanding 'denial-curve' and 'group-think' syndromes
- Case Studies, why some companies fail and others survive?
- Who owns the mitigation process?
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Plans
- Crisis Management and Communications. Emergency Centre/s
- Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy
- Business Impact Analysis. Case Study and Workshop
- Command and Control Issues. Operational, Tactical and Strategic
- On Scene Crisis Management, essential elements for success
- Reputation Management - Managing the Media.
- Organising a Press Conference & step by step guidance on how to conduct TV interviews
- BP Press Conferences – What went wrong?
- Exercise: Crisis Communications Strategy
- Alerting and Warning. Case Studies. What can go right and what can go wrong
- Corporate Case Study – BP Texas 2005; BP Alaska 2006; BP Gulf of Mexico 2010.
- Major Incident Simulation - Role Playing Workshop
- Potential Psychological & Welfare problems in Crisis Management
- How to improve staff morale and confidence in the process
- Questionnaire, are your batteries in good condition?
- Exercises: a programme of learning and of validating plans and procedures;
- How to get advantageous results from an exercise
- Post Incident evaluations, de-briefing skills - managing the de-briefs - hot and cold
- Critique report writing, executive summaries and recommendations
- Closing the loop. Implementing the recommendations, continuing the process
- 3 disastrous Case Studies with the same cause, are we learning from others?
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course