Why Choose this Training Course?
Procurement is so important to organisations and it has been severly impacted by COVID-19 puting procurement into the forefronts of conversations in organisations. We have to grasp the opportunity, making the most of it ensuring there is a legacy from it. We know the importance of procurement and supply chain, but it’s not always recognised throughout organisations.
The success of organisation not only depends on what you do, it will also depend on what is done for you by your suppliers and contractors. No organisation can be successful without good Purchasing Management. In the long term, the pandemic has provided us an opportunity to recognise the importance of procurement and commercial teams. In these changing times we have to rethink how we operate with better supplier relations incorporating a new era of collaboration in procurement. The coronavirus outbreak will fundamentally change the way we do business in procurement management. A more cooperative climate for procurement and supply chain professionals may well be one of the long-term key impact of Covid-19.
This COPEX online training course addresses these issues in order to not only survive but thrive. In the face of a major global crisis such as the spread of coronavirus, now is the time to step forward and be proactive in protecting supply chains as much as possible from the impact.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX online training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how the procurement function has changed as a result of the pandemic
- Know how to address the changes required
- Understand how to improve collaboration with customers and suppliers
- Understand the importance of supplier vetting
- Know how to change supplier relationships
- Know how to change the organisation’s supply chain
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Managers needing to understand the implications of the virus on the supply chain
- Purchasing and Procurement personnel who are looking for skills in revised concepts of procurement
- All involved in the acquisition of materials, equipment and services, and who are in organisations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
- Understanding the need for a new era of collaboration in procurement
- Changes in supplier vetting
- Implications of risk in critical item supply
- Recognising the need to keep communication channels open with your key suppliers
- Appreciating how manufacturing affects procurement
- Understanding the principle of volume pooling
- Knowing how to work with competitors
- Appreciating relationship changes with suppliers and customers
- Understanding the principle of manufacturing reshoring
- Knowing how to map the procurement process
- A COPEX e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course