Why Choose this Training Course?
This contracts management training course is intended to allow professionals and managers with a background other than law or contracts to better understand the processes and issues involved with contracting, and therefore improve their overall management skills. Every organisation relies on contracts to protect the interests of the company and manage risk effectively. It is imperative that everyone in the organisation understands the issues and processes involved in a contracting scenario.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, you should achieve these goals:
- Recognise the Structure and Purpose of Contracts
- Show How Different Structures Can Be Used in Different Situations
- Improve the Ability of Managers to Communicate with Contracts Personnel
- Illustrate Some of the Pitfalls That Exist Within Commonly-Used Contract Clauses
- Construct and Control Contract Negotiations and Management
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project or Construction Professionals
- Tenders, Contracts, Buyers, Purchasing, Financial Personnel
- Those From a Project Management or General Management Background Who Do Not Think They Have Sufficient Understanding of Contract Issues
- Those New to the Function, Preparing for a Major Project, or Experienced Managers Looking for a Refresher
- Why we use contracts?
- Legal requirements for a valid contract
- Oral contracts
- Electronic contracts
- Terms and conditions of the contract
- Authority to contract
- How to assess and manage risk
- Traditional contract types
- Modern contract types
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Letters of Intent
- Which Law, which court?
- Obligation to perform
- Defective goods
- Liability issues
- Indemnities and Insurance
- Intellectual property
- Force Majeure
- Changes and Variations
- Payment issues
- Letters of Credit
- Warranty claims
- Suspension and Termination
- Contractual issues on close out
- Negotiation, compromise and settlement
- Expert Determination
- Dispute Review Boards
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course