Why Choose this Training Course?
Contracts give rise to a range of liabilities by parties assuming rights, responsibilities, duties and obligations, but which can be managed through contractual mechanisms. They are equally risk management tools which can provide for payment of the consequences of injury or damage to an organisation’s assets - its people and property - and of third parties. This COPEX training course focuses on principal contractual liabilities, and how risk can be managed through the use of indemnities. It further considers how (and who is best placed to procure) insurance to fund the consequences of various liabilities occurring. It also features the use of contract provisions to reduce the risk of disputes.
What are the Goals?
By attending this training course, you should achieve these goals:
- Understand How, When and If Contracts are Legally Enforceable
- Assess and Manage Key Contractual Liabilities
- Analyse the Way Indemnities Operate Across Industries
- Evaluate the Need and Use of Different Types of Insurance
- Compare Ways of Dealing With Claims and Disputes
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals involved in procurement and contracting, and whether new or experienced in their roles. These may include:
- Project Managers
- Contracts Officers
- Supply Chain Staff
- Financial Professionals
- How and When is it Legally Enforceable
- Key Contractual Elements and Structure
- Ancillary Documents and Issues
- Different Legal Environments
- Defining Risk – Identification and Impact
- Key Contractual Risks
- Performance – Quality and Time
- Ownership and Risk of Loss or Damage
- External Events
- Pricing and Payment
- Limiting and Excluding Liability
- Breach of Contract
- What Are They, How Do They Work?
- Negligence – Simple or Gross?
- Operation in Different Legal Systems
- People and Property
- Cross Indemnities
- Catastrophe Risk
- Why Insure and What It Covers
- People, Property and Product Liability
- Motor, Aviation and Marine Insurance
- Environmental Liability
- Who Arranges, For Whose Benefit?
- Claims Handling
- Tiered Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Negotiation – Tools and Techniques
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Course Review and Learning Outcomes
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course