Why Choose this Training Course?
Almost every leader feels overwhelmed and worried about not living up to their responsibilities. They are bombarded with emails, meetings, and expectations that are almost impossible to meet. They are experiencing increasing demand from multiple directions, with challenges that do not stop growing in size and scope. They may not have heard of VUCA, but all suffer from it. Leading today, in the presence of VUCA, is the biggest challenge that humans have ever faced. The increase in Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity means that you and your business must seek new courses of action.
This COPEX training course takes a fresh approach to management and leadership to guarantee positive results under changed circumstances. The VUCA world challenges you to find your own way. You will need to understand and develop empathic behaviours, to be more concerned with people and their needs. If our experiences with COVID 19 have taught us anything it is that meaning, and purpose must now take a central role in business activities.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Build resilience within their organization to withstand the volatile challenges
- Adaptive leaders are prepared to take risks and experiment in an uncertain world
- Staying abreast of current complexities by their dedication to lifelong learning
- Adaptive leaders use divergent and convergent thinking to make sense of ambiguity
- Encourage innovation by their teams to find new answers to old problems
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, delegates will be able to:
- Make individuals and team members feel valued and respected
- Effectively manage themselves and develop quality relationships
- Develop the members of their team, helping them to recognize their true potential
- Earn the respect of others by practicing what they preach
- Apply the actions and qualities of effective adaptive leaders
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers and Leaders implementing change processes
- Department Heads involved in complex change
- Strategic decision makers
- Team Leaders faced with complex change implementation
- Leaders looking for sustainability in a VUCA world
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies and syndicate discussions. Formal inputs are used to introduce underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques.
The Course Content
Day One: People – The Key to Business Activities
- Earn their respect
- Help them to recognize their true potential
- Making individuals feel valued and respected
- Factors in Team Development
- Dealing with Conflict in Teams
- Giving Feedback for Improved Performance
Day Two: Build Resilience to Volatile Challenges
- Change the Culture
- Adapt to new technology
- Developing the Right Attitude
- Characteristics of Adaptive Leadership
- Openness to New Ideas
- Creating a Creative Climate
Day Three: Risk and Experimentation in an Uncertain World
- Uncertainty - Many facts may not be known
- Complexity - You must consider many interrelated factors
- High-risk consequences - The impact of the decision may be significant
- Divergent and diverse thinking
- Interpersonal issues - It can be difficult to predict how other people will react
- Tools and Techniques in Decision Making
Day Four: Identifying Future Complexities
- Goal setting and prioritization
- Deliberate vs. experimental approaches
- Formalizing trial and error methods for improvement and innovation
- Planning for implementation
- Organizing for implementation
- Test phases and pilot projects
Day Five: Managing Change in an Ambiguous World
- Creating a vision to change
- Managing the principles of change
- Dealing with resistance
- Managing the four states & reactions to change
- Tools & techniques to assist the change process
- Empowering people to act
© 2023. Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.