Why Choose this Training Course?
Are you new to a management role or do you want support in developing your capabilities to be a great boss?
This training course recognises the changing shape of work resulting in the need for new management capabilities. It is widely known that millennials have different expectations of work; managers therefore need new approaches to motivate them. As technology advances, organisational structures are adapting and knowledge workers and front-line staff are required to take decisions. Join us on this interactive COPEX training course to gain confidence, learn new skills and raise your awareness to become the manager or supervisor you want to be.
What are the Goals?
This COPEX training course will offer delegates opportunities to learn current management theories and how to apply them, with many practical exercises and a safe environment in which to practice new skills:
- Understand What Constitutes a Managers’ Role and Key Capabilities
- Gain Understanding of Team Leadership and How to Apply It
- Enhance Communication Skills to Overcome Functional Barriers
- Acquire Creative Thinking Skills for Effective Problem Solving
- Develop Abilities to Manage Up as Well as Peers and Subordinates
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who are in the process of transitioning to a managerial role and who want to gain skills and confidence to become great bosses. For example:
- Employees About to Progress into Supervision or Management
- Current Supervisors Who are Interested in Building Their Management Skills
- Team Leaders, Site, Operations and Production Supervisors
- First Time Managers Yet to Receive Management Training
- Young Employees Identified as ‘High Potential’ Future Managers
- Defining the role of management (Mintzberg)
- Leader and manager?
- The challenges of a new role
- Key competences of managers at different levels (CMI)
- Understanding my Strengths and Weaknesses
- What type of boss will I be?
- Understanding the internal context: Organisation’s vision, purpose and aims
- How the external context impacts the organisation
- Setting and aligning team objectives
- Gaining communications skills to provide clear direction
- High performance teams
- Embracing diversity
- The HR cycle: recruitment, induction, training & development, career options or exit
- Interactions with HR function
- Delivering quality Performance Reviews
- Motivating staff for performance and outcomes
- Coaching methods and skills
- Managing conflict
- Managing projects: planning, implementing and reviewing
- Assessing and managing risks
- Setting budgets
- Managing information
- Reporting, controlling and adjusting plans
- The process of continuous improvement
- Managing stakeholders’ interests
- Mastering problem-solving techniques
- Understanding decision making processes and their impact
- Selecting performance measures to guide improvements
- Ensuring effective use of communications channels
- The Monkey Rule: achieving goals through the effort of others
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course