Why Choose this Training Course?
This Warehouse Management training course enable Supply Chain Professionals to understand how to improve the operations of any warehouse by implementing lean operating processes, by intelligently managing inventory space, and by establishing a performance management program that ensures continuous improvement. An effective warehousing strategy can be a powerful competitive tool.
Best-practice warehouses deliver superior managing inventory space and return on investment by functioning as a tightly-integrated part of a company’s value chain.
The purpose of this course is to show how to implement all of the essential tools for the effective space management of warehouses and stores. This COPEX training course includes how to evaluate procedures and how to improve methods by implementing world standard methods of Warehouse Space Planning.
This COPEX Warehouse training course will feature:
- Locating, structuring and operating the warehouse
- Implementing Lean principles in the warehouse space analysis
- Crafting an inventory strategy using Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) segmentation
- Role of the warehouse space management and planning in the value chain
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the role of warehouse in the end-to-end supply chain
- Learn best practices for warehouse space planning and operating processes
- Develop an inventory strategy in the warehouse
- Leverage space information technology to improve inventory visibility
- Develop a performance management program to and drive positive change
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will benefit a number of participants from different parts of the organisation including those who have an intermediate knowledge of the supply chain but will greatly benefit:
- Warehouse professionals
- Procurement, buyers and purchasing professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- Logistics professionals
- Supply chain generalists
- Warehouse location strategy
- Options in warehouse layout and design
- Classes of warehouses
- Warehouse automation
- Information Technology (IT) in the warehouse
- Industry variations
- Receiving Options
- Storage Options
- Picking / Assembly Options
- Dispatching Options
- Using the Floor and the Height Space
- Organising for Flow
- Loading Bays
- Selecting Fork Lift Trucks
- Selecting Racking
- Implications for Warehouse Layouts
- Operational Timings and Planning
- The Use of IT within the Warehouse
- Different Types of Layout with Advantages and Disadvantages
- Planning for Flow in the Warehouse
- Calculations for Storage
- Calculations for throughput and Productivity
- Checklists to help on deciding the best option to take back to the participants’ workplace
- Contemporary trends in warehousing
- Warehouse best practices and benchmarking
- The role of performance management in the warehouse
- What should you measure?
- Establish an executive dashboard using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identifying, prioritizing and implementing improvements
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course