Why Choose this Training Course?
Purchasing is a critical business process that enables an organisation to secure a wide range of resources efficiently and effectively. This COPEX training course introduces techniques that enable delegates to return to their organisations and make immediate cost savings across the business. This is a fast paced training course that introduces different ways of relating to suppliers and customers to establish relationships so that there is a commitment based on mutually-agreed objectives to strive for world-class capability and competitiveness. This COPEX training course discusses the principles of negotiation with techniques to highlight advantages and disadvantages of effective negotiation. Delegates will be able to return to their organisations and implement the techniques in order to make significant cost savings in their area of the organisation.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course you should achieve these goals:
- How to Understand the Process of Purchasing in Their Business
- How to Improve Negotiation Skills for a Win-Win Outcome
- Understand the Errors in Negotiating
- How to Improve Relationships with Customers and Suppliers
- How to Rate the Efficiency of Suppliers
- Understand the Implications of Cost Control
- Know How to Make Significant Cost Savings in Their Organisations
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for middle managers who work in purchasing and operational areas in the organisation, as well as consultants and professionals who operate alongside of them. For example:
- Operational Managers
- Financial Managers
- Managers in the Organisation Who Would Benefit From Understanding the Principles of Purchasing
- How do other functions view purchasing
- A Purchasing Savings Model
- Total Cost of Ownership Models
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Establishing a Strategic Focus with Pareto Analysis on Cost
- Modern Methods of Analyzing the Spend
- Developing Company Purchase Price Index and Comparing to External Indexes
- Understanding of Supply Marketplace and how Suppliers Price
- Benchmarking best practices in Cost Reduction
- Resisting Price Increases
- Supplier Performance Measurement
- Cost Saving Methods
- Price Justification
- Methods of Price Analysis
- The Competition that leads to price reduction and evaluation
- Methods of Cost Analysis
- Breaking down the Elements of Cost
- Developing "Should Cost"
- Negotiation Skill Sets
- Steps in Negotiation Preparation
- Methods of Persuasion
- What Does Win/Win Really Mean?
- Determining the Issues
- Rating & Valuing Issues
- Know Your Better Alternatives to Negotiated Agreements (BATNA)
- Analyzing The Other Side
- Negotiation Objectives Diagram
- Prepare the Negotiation Team
- Tips for the Actual Negotiation
- Participants will negotiate model cases & discuss the results to provide an opportunity for hands on experience
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course