Why Choose this Training Course?
Organizations that survived the COVID-19 are still facing high uncertainty in evaluating the impact of the pandemic on their programs and projects. This Post COVID Project Recovery Planning and Controlling training course will disucces new strategies, approaches and tools required for assessing the current situation and planning for the recovery of any troubled projects and programs. A mix of agile and traditional approaches shall be customized to plan, monitor and control the recovery, and for the way forward.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Methods for the Assessment of Projects and Current State
- Defining the Objectives of the Recovery
- Tools for Planning and Implementing the Recovery
- Tools for Monitoring and Controlling the Recovery
- How to utilize the Enterprise PMO in the Recovery Process
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze and understand the the signs of troubles in your projects
- Be able to initiate the assessment and develop a recovery charter
- Develop a sound and applicable recovery plan
- Determine the appropriate tools to implement and control the recovery
- Understand the role of the PMO in the post COVID recovery
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will benefit managers and teams involved in managing projects or governing the projects in the organization. Other stakeholders who need to understand the current state after the Pandemic and know how the recovery will be implemented such as finance directors, strategy office employees are also encouraged to attend.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Program Managers and Project Managers
- Strategy implementation teams
- Risk Managers
- Functional Managers
- Project Sponsors and Executives
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. To serve the program goals a mix of different techniques will be used to energize the trainees such as lectures, power-point presentation, application on portfolio analysis tools, structured discussions, brainstorming sessions and case studies.
- Introduction to the Course, the Pandemic and Its Impact
- Initiating the Assessment Process
- signing the Assessment Charter
- Understanding Signs of troubled projects and how far is the project
- Analyze the Economic Situation of the project (ROI & Co)
- Develop the Assessment Plan
- Stakeholder Buy-In and Managing Resistance for Change
- Data Collection Techniques
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Recovery versus Termination: The Decision-Making Process
- Issuing the Assessment Findings
- Presenting the Results in a professional way
- Defining the Recovery Objectives in a Team Format
- Defining the Recovery Team
- Developing the Recovery Plan
- Getting Consensus and Approval for the Plan
- Overview of traditional implementation approaches
- Agile approaches and Tools
- Hybrid approaches and Tools
- Recovery Monitoring and Controlling
- Risk management and Transition to the New Normal
- What is an Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO)
- Organization of the ePMO, Roles and Responsibilities
- ePMO Portfolio Functions and the Recovery Governance
- ePMO Delivery Functions in Managing the Delivery
- The Center of Excellence (COE) Services for Recovery and Beyond.
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.