Why Choose this Training Course?
This Mastering Conflict Management and Resolution training course gives delegates the opportunity to better appreciate and manage workplace conflicts and to build the skills and practices to build more effective collaborative relationships in their own work across organisations. It will help attendees to recognise different conflicts, manage common situations, leverage a range of solutions, develop action plans and promote more inclusive and positive environments.
In addition, delegates will gain an understanding of techniques and tools from personal psychology, negotiation, and communication and how to utilise them positively in conflict situations, for both organisation, and individual benefits.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- An understanding of conflict and why it is sometimes needed
- An understanding of organisational and personal relationships & change
- An exploration of psychology, communication and negotiation tools
- An appreciation of conflict resolution theories and principles
- An exploration of conflict resolution tools, plans and tactics
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the potential causes and role of conflict in their organisations
- Understand the conflict lifecycle and assess the dispute process
- Build and promote harmony, inclusivity, and collaborative practices, across organisations to alleviate disputes and dispute escalations
- Implement effective conflict resolution plans and actions, define metrics for success and effectiveness
- Apply proven tools of psychology and negotiation to manage conflicts
- Understand and better manage personal dynamics, stress and change
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit leaders managing change, working across the organisation, but in particular:
- Senior Management and Directors, leading organisational change
- Human Resources and Change Managers, managing change initiatives
- Senior Project Managers, coordinating complex teams and projects
- Procurement specialists, managing valuable supplier relationships
- Sales, Marketing, PR and Operational specialists, managing partnerships
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course uses adult learning techniques to provide maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of information and the ability to apply knowledge and skills back in the organisation.
As well as printed material, the use of academic research, commercial case studies, and video material, participants will be encouraged to discuss practical issues of conflict and dispute resolution with colleagues. At this level, they will be expected to take an active part in solo, paired and group exercises and in this professional and confidential space, encouraged to both share their own practical experiences and learn from the understanding of peers.
- Defining Conflict and The Need for Some Disagreement
- Innovation and Change
- Common Sources of Conflict Within Organisations
- The Conflict Lifecycle
- Leader as Mediator and Diplomat in Disputes
- Personal Influence and Persuasion
- Leading Across Teams and Organisations
- Advanced Communication Skills.
- Understanding Personality and Style
- Emotional Intelligence: Knowing You, Knowing Me.
- Personal Considerations: Stress & Self-Management in Difficult Situations
- Classic Theories of Negotiation
- The Art of Listening, Questioning and Finding Real Problems
- Creating Solutions and Building Agreements
- Acknowledging The Conflict
- Taking Control
- Resolution Frameworks & Difficult Conversations
- Managing Resolution
- Building The Culture of Resolution
- The Reality of Failed Resolutions and Options for Escalation
- Using Conflict Management Tools Everyday
- Total Conflict Management
- Preparing Your Plan To Resolve Conflicts
- Professional Development: Further Skills, Knowledge, Practice
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course