Why Choose this Training Course?
Welcome to our comprehensive training course on "Gas Lift Systems Design, Operation, and Optimization." In the ever-evolving world of oil and gas production, maximizing the efficiency and productivity of gas lift systems is of paramount importance. Gas lift technology plays a pivotal role in enhancing hydrocarbon recovery from wells. This intensive 10-day course is designed to equip professionals and engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the design, operation, and optimization of gas lift systems.
Our expert-led training will take you on a journey through the fundamentals of gas lift systems, from fluid dynamics to valve selection, system design, operation, and advanced optimization techniques. By the end of this course, you will be well-prepared to tackle real-world challenges in the oil and gas industry, ensuring the efficient operation of gas lift systems and maximizing production.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will:
- Master Gas Lift Fundamentals: Develop a strong foundation in gas lift principles, terminology, and components.
- Design Efficient Gas Lift Systems: Understand the factors influencing system design and optimize gas injection rates.
- Operate Gas Lift Systems Effectively: Learn startup and shutdown procedures, surface and downhole control, and real-time monitoring techniques.
- Troubleshoot System Issues: Identify and diagnose common problems in gas lift systems and implement remedial actions.
- Optimize Production: Utilize data-driven optimization strategies to maximize well performance and production.
- Explore Advanced Applications: Gain insights into advanced gas lift applications in unconventional reservoirs and HPHT environments.
- Enhance Industry-Relevant Skills: Acquire specialized knowledge applicable to the oil and gas industry, making you a valuable asset in your field.
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is ideal for professionals, engineers, and individuals involved in the oil and gas industry who wish to expand their knowledge and expertise in gas lift systems. Specifically, it is suitable for:
- Production Engineers
- Reservoir Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Field Operations Personnel
- Facilities Engineers
- Oil and Gas Consultants
- Well Integrity Engineers
- Technical Managers
- Those involved in artificial lift operations and optimization
- Course introduction and overview
- Importance of gas lift systems in oil and gas production
- Historical development and evolution of gas lift technology
- Basic components and terminology of gas lift systems
- Fluid properties and behavior in gas lift systems
- Gas-liquid flow regimes in production tubing
- Flow patterns and pressure drop calculations
- Key performance factors in gas lift
- Overview of gas lift valve types: continuous, intermittent, and conventional
- Criteria for selecting the appropriate gas lift valves
- Installation and maintenance considerations
- Practical exercises on valve selection
- Factors influencing the design of gas lift systems
- Tubing and casing design considerations
- Determining the optimal injection depth and gas injection rates
- Case studies and examples of gas lift system design
- Role and significance of gas lift mandrels
- Installation techniques and best practices
- Troubleshooting common installation issues
- Hands-on exercises on mandrel installation
- Startup and shutdown procedures for gas lift systems
- Surface and downhole control equipment
- Monitoring and maintaining system performance
- Real-time optimization techniques
- Identifying common problems and challenges
- Diagnosing issues within gas lift systems
- Remedial actions and troubleshooting exercises
- Case studies on system troubleshooting
- Strategies for optimizing production with gas lift systems
- Selecting the appropriate artificial lift strategy
- Data analysis and data-driven optimization techniques
- Utilizing software tools for optimization
- Gas lift applications in unconventional reservoirs
- Gas lift in high-pressure, high-temperature (HPHT) environments
- Advances in gas lift valve technology
- Case studies highlighting advanced gas lift applications
- Recap of key course concepts and learnings
- Open discussion, Q&A session, and participant feedback
- Certification distribution for successful course completion
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course