Training Course Overview
How can we manage risk? Risk is all about uncertainty, and in order for any organization to succeed in today’s fast paced, globally interlinked business environment the ability of the pro-active Risk Champion to identify, assess and reduce that uncertainty is essential. Core knowledge and skills of the future ready Risk Champion encapsulate leadership & decision-making, planning, operations, logistics, stakeholder communications, finance, administration, infrastructure, reputation and crucially, external geo-political issues.
This popular COPEX training course will cover Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in line with the ISO31000 framework, as well as the role of the Risk Champion, allowing your organization to manage risk and deliver against objectives. You will also develop skills in working with others to ensure success.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this COPEX training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of Risk Management in contributing to performance and competitiveness
- Master the concepts, approaches, international standards, methods and techniques for the effective implementation of Risk Management
- Discuss & learn the practical application of these best practices
- Be able to evaluate current provision & develop mechanisms to support application across the organization
- Guide organizational deployment
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who are involved in any aspect of Risk Management and who want to understand, implement and improve the most up to date Risk Management concepts, processes and ideas. For example:
- Experienced Risk Managers & Practitioners requiring a refresher on recent developments
- Internal auditors who seek to fully understand Risk Management & ISO 31000
- Line & Project Managers who want to ensure that they are effectively managing risk
- Operations, Project and Program Managers, Engineers and Supervisors
- Change, Transformation & Organizational Development Managers, Excellence, & Quality Professionals
- All Other Managers
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- The importance of culture, communication and behaviour in seeking an effective Risk Management structure
- The necessary expertise and knowledge to support the Risk Champion in implementing a complete Risk Management process as specified in the latest thinking
- The use of ISO 31000
- Principles of Business Continuity Management and relationship to Risk Management
- Risk Management responsibilities – who does what, who is on the team
- How to influence and oversee a vibrant Risk Management culture
- Options for risk criteria, assessment, identification, analysis and evaluation
- Alignment between Risk Management policy and the organisation
- Evaluating Risk Management frameworks and practices
- Examining changes in Risk Management practices as a result of global paradigm shifts
© 2023. Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.