Why Choose this Training Course?
This COPEX training course is intended for managers from operational and support functions such as manufacturing, engineering, logistics, sales & marketing as well as IT, HR, & procurement who want to develop their strategic capabilities. The role of leaders is challenging. Understanding how best to use resources and competences as strategic assets, including digital capabilities, together with developing antennae for noticing changes in the external environment is essential to enable businesses to respond fast to a highly competitive and rapidly changing world. To communicate effectively with employees requires not just excellent interpersonal skills but also the ability to choose effective communication channels. To achieve desired outcomes requires influencing skills, the ability to deliver organisational messages as well as listening for and interpreting signals of change. Strategy development and strategic implementation are two sides of a coin: this helps managers raise their game.
What are the Goals?
Attending this training course will give delegates an opportunity to:
- Recognise and Apply Different Approaches to Developing Strategies Including:
- Competitive, Disruptive, Blue Ocean and Resource Based
- Understand the Relationship Between Vision, Strategy, Strategic and Operational Planning and Objective Setting
- Understand the Range of Communication Tools Available in 21st Century Organisations and How to Use Them Effectively
- Develop Leadership Skills for Effective Communication: Written, Verbal and Effective Use of Media
- Develop the Skills of a Transformational Leader: Visionary and Inspiring to Engage with and Motivate Employees
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is designed for individuals who currently hold or aspire to hold Middle and Senior Management positions and wish to develop strategic know-how and become more effective communicators. They include:
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Team Leaders
- Corporate Strategy, HR, Procurement and Other Functional Managers
- Heads of Division
- Heads of Department
- Learn How the Traditional Kotter Model for Strategy Development is No Longer Applicable and How New Thinking is Changing Strategy Formulation
- Understand Why Strategic Thinking is Key to the Development of Sound Strategies
- Gain Familiarity with Several Tools and Techniques Used in the Development of Strategies, Looking at External and Internal Influencing Factors
- Explore What Successful Business Outcomes Could Be
- Learn the Importance of Risk Assessment and What-if Analysis as Part of Strategy Formulation
- Explore the Range of Communication Channels Available to Managers in the Digital Age - Consider Their Relative Advantages and Disadvantages
- Develop Leadership Skills for Effective Communication, Verbal and Written, Learn to Use Different Media Effectively
- Develop Your Influencing, Persuasion and Negotiation Skills
- Understand How Business Performance Can Be Tracked Using the Balanced Scorecard and Measurement Techniques
- Your Challenge: Prepare a Communication Plan Which Enables You to Clearly Communicate Objectives to Your Colleagues and Subordinates
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course