Why Choose this Training Course?
The British Standards Institution defines Facilities Management as: “The integration of processes within an organization to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities”.
Facilities managers have therefore responsibilities for providing, maintaining and developing many services. These range from property strategy, space management and communications infrastructure to building maintenance, administration and contract management. Facilities management includes space, infrastructure, people and organization.
This highly popular COPEX training course will feature how to establish, implement, manage and continually improve your facility department to get the best out of the facilities within the given boundaries of costs, performance and other important factors during its total lifetime.
The training course is designed to develop delegate’s skills in managing facility staff and corporate assets while minimizing risk exposure in the workplace. As the Facilities Management (FM) function continues to evolve, this training course offers the latest thinking in the profession, right balance between asset performance (functionality, availability, reliability, safety), and will tackle specific issues encountered on the ground and apply best practices in discussing real solutions.
This training course will feature:
- Proper Knowledge of the Basic Principles of Facilities Management
- How to Apply Best Practices According to Several Norms
- Understanding How to Operate and Maintain Facilities as a “Business Within a Business”
- Sharing of Facilities Management Experience
- Insights Regarding Current State of Facilities Management Processes and Possibilities to Improve Them
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Basics of Facilities Management
- Understand How to Draw Up a Preventive Maintenance Concept, Based on Risk
- Develop Strategies to Decide When and What to Outsource
- Understand the Different Types of Contracts
- Identify and Monitor the Facilities Management-Processes Performance
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals Who are Responsible for the Management, Operation and Maintenance of Facilities (Buildings, Production Facilities, Utilities, Power and Water Distributions Networks Landscaping, Etc.)
- Professionals Aiming to Update Themselves on the Basic Elements, Best Practices and Implementation Aspects of Facilities Management
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes use of PP presentation slides, exercises and group discussion.
The training course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on current practices and on their team goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and pair and group work.
- The Facilities Management Process in General
- Facilities Management as a Business Within a Business
- Facilities Phases, Planning and Realization
- Relationship Between Facilities Management and Asset Management
- Facilities Roles, the Current State of Your Facilities Management Processes
- Types of Planning
- Strategic and Annual Planning, Life Cycle Cost Principles
- Budgeting Principles
- Work Planning and Control, Performance Management Regarding the Workflow
- Disaster Recovery Plans
- Maintenance Concepts
- Understanding RISK
- Risk Based Maintenance, the Methodology
- Steps in Developing an Effective & Risk-Based Maintenance Strategy
- Typical Inspection and Maintenance Tasks for Utilities
- What to Outsource and What Not
- Choosing the Right Contractor
- How to Manage This
- Contract Types
- The Contracting Cycle
- Service Level Agreements
- Continuous Improvement
- Target Setting as a Starting Point
- Monitoring Performance: Development and Use of Key Performance Indicators
- The Facilities Management Balanced Scorecard (FMBSC)
- Assessments, Audits and Benchmarking; Practical Exercise in Auditing
- Course Review / Wrap Up
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course