Why Choose this Training Course?
This specially crafted 5-day program will enable participants to understand the coverage afforded under the broad umbrella of P & C insurance classes. Participants who attend this Copex training course will learn and appreciate basic principles of insurance and how this component of general insurance operates. The training course will be delivered by an experienced Regional Risk Consultant.
The roles of Insurance companies, reinsurers, brokers and other intermediaries will also be deliberated.
Included in The Complete Course on Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance training course will be the short excerpts of each of the P & C insurance products such as Fire, Industrial All Risks, Machinery Breakdown and Liability coverages including Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
A special segment on construction insurance (C.A.R) - The need for such coverage under the Conditions of Contracts (FIDIC wordings) will also be addressed. It has two main sections ie. Section I and II.
Separately the Professional Indemnity coverage will be explored further. This class of insurance is normally taken up by Engineers, Architects and Surveyors to protect their professional responsibilities. This policy is a liability cover for the insured party in the event of a negligent claim made by a Client.
All the relevant P & C policies will be explored and deliberated with underwriting and claims perspectives. These differences will be highlighted, and specific clauses / endorsements will be addressed. Several interesting and real - life case studies will also be used to share the applications of these respective insurance policies based on regional and global insurance programs.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course you should achieve these goals:
- Understand how the P & C insurance policies are arranged
- Firm up an understanding of the stakeholders in the insurance industry
- Know the basic principles of insurance and how it is applied in the policies
- Appreciate the differences involved between property and casualty covers
- Draw up the difference between Sum Insured and Limit of Liability
- Highlight the importance investigation to establish “cause” when there is a loss
- Learn some special clauses such as ‘retrospective cover’ that is provided in the P.I insurance
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Insurance, Reinsurance Companies, Insurance Brokers and Reinsurance Brokers
- Buyers of Insurance – Contractors, Builders, Sub-Contractors and Equipment Suppliers
- Project Consultants Civil & Structural, Mechanical & Electrical Architects, Design Specialists, Surveyors (Building, Land and QS)
- Projects Owners / Developers, Banks and Financial Institutions & Fund Managers
- Insurance Regulators, Legal Personnel, Arbitrators and Loss Adjusters
- Government Bodies and Institutions – Public Works, Local Council, Road & Highway Authorities
- The current trend in insurance and reinsurance markets in the post-pandemic era.
- How reinsurers are dealing with recent climate related losses and the effects of the Ukraine war
- Latest developments in new marketing channels for insurance
- Dealing with Cyber risks and ransomware
- Some key features of leading Insurance cities - London, Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Lloyd’s market and their reach in Asia
- Extensions granted under Property insurance for communicable diseases
- Business interruption cover extension under the Fire insurance
- The stakeholders in the insurance industry - insurers, reinsurers, brokers and policy holder
- The importance of risk surveys for larger property risks
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course