Why Choose this Training Course?
Every organisation needs good procurement.
A Procurement team needs to have good management and leadership. This COPEX training course focuses on the common “gaps” in Procurement, and how to lead continual improvement in order to deliver strategic goals.
The training course focuses on proactive management of the supply base, and how to deliver cost reduction and value improvements at the same time. It looks at methods to promote creativity and flexibility to utilise supply market knowledge and how Procurement can become a core organisational competency. It has practical action planning for implementation back in the workplace.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course you should achieve these goals:
- Learn How to Develop High Performance Purchasing Organizations
- Develop Strategic Purchasing Plans & Discuss How to Improve Internal Customer Service
- Appreciate and See the Analytics that Guide Procurement Strategies
- Explore Many Ways of Reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the Most Important Competencies for Purchasing Personnel
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement and Contracts Personnel
- Purchasing, Procurement, Contracts, Contract Administration, Projects Personnel
- Engineering, Facilities, Finance, and Maintenance Personnel
- Personnel Involved in the Planning and Management of Tender Process
- Leaders in the Acquisition of Materials, Equipment and Services
- Stages to World Class Purchasing
- How Purchasing is viewed today
- Strategic Sourcing
- Developing Spend Profiles and the ABC Analysis
- New Job Descriptions for Purchasing of the future
- Purchasing Personnel Required Skill Sets
- What are Best Practices
- Purchasing Gap Analysis
- Vision and Mission for Purchasing
- Developing the Purchasing Department Strategic Plan
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Procurement
- Developing a Company Purchase Price Index
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Methods of Cost Containment
- Waste in the Supply Chain
- Breaking Down the Elements of Supplier Cost
- Commodity/Service Strategic Planning
- Resisting Price Increases
- Supplier Classification System
- Supplier Qualification Methods
- Supplier Performance Metrics
- Apply Performance criteria to Purchasing Decisions
- Process Mapping To Eliminate Low Value Activities
- Applying eProcurement business process
- Global Sourcing
- International Labor Rates Comparison
- Developing and Maintaining a Customer Focus
- Basic Issues in Corruption And Fraud Prevention
- Increasing the Level of Procurement Professionalism
- Keeping Current in the profession
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course