Why Choose this Training Course?
The Certified International Supply Chain Professional training course will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimise the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results. Supply chain professionals continue to be pressured to deliver superior operational results while at the same time reducing costs. They need to be able to ensure their organisations become industry pace setters, by better managing their supply chains to achieve reduced costs, whilst at the same time, improving service levels.
Nonetheless, reducing supply chain costs is an effort that can be fraught with risk and global trade has brought about proportionally high levels of risk and uncertainty. Risk is found in all supply chains, but with analysis, preparation and action, these risks can be avoided, managed or deflected.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Apply a thorough understanding of supply chain activities
- Managing and optimising your inventory to deliver financial results
- Identity, analyse and evaluate supply chain risk
- Use risk management tools and techniques
- Make supply chain organisational improvements
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse the effectiveness of your firm’s supply chain practices
- Create an inventory strategy that speeds cash flow
- Evaluate and work with suppliers to deliver tangible business results
- Use analytical tools to identify supply chain risk
- Make cost and service improvements
Who is this Training Course for?
This exciting and innovative training course is suitable for those in the organisation, and not just in the supply chain, who have a responsibility to make improvements and save costs across the functions.
This COPEX training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Supply chain professionals
- Sourcing, procurement, and supplier management professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of supply chain concepts that can deliver lasting value for their business
- All of those who need an understanding of the relationships between risk, cost and service in supply chains
- Supply Chain Definitions
- Supply Chain Models and Types
- Types of process frameworks
- Defining performance gaps
- Customers, competitive advantage and demand
- The Global Supply Chain
- Types of inventory
- Applying procurement strategies that maximise inventory turns
- Speeding the cash-to-cash cycle time
- The financial justification for change
- Supplier relationship management: strategies, approaches and tools
- Is your relationship transactional or outcome-based?
- Defining desired outcomes that are measurable
- Developing an effective outsourcing contract
- Designing a pricing model that incentivizes desired behaviours
- Evaluating cost/service trade-offs
- Internal supply chain risks
- PESTLE and external risks
- Risk management principles
- Evaluation and prioritisation of risks
- Contingency and risk management planning
- Rationale and approach to performance management
- Identifying, defining, and tracking your metrics
- Incentives and continuous improvement
- Re-engineering supply chains end to end to minimise risk
- Organisation development
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course