Why Choose this Training Course?
Green and Sustainable Logistics is the new imperative for 21st Century supply chains. The Climate change agenda has raised many challenges for logistics and supply chain managers. The last year has highlighted threats as well as opportunities to ensure our operations remain sustainable and climate neutral as well as providing value.
The United Nations has highlighted the challenge of climate change through their climate changes conferences. This will affect many supply chains with new regulations. Consumers are also changing their buy behaviour to prefer green supply chains. Modern practices are needed more than ever to adapt to these dynamic conditions.
The circular supply chain is a key supply chain concept for minimising environmental impacts. The ability to design for reuse or recycling is a method for controlling goods coming into and leaving our facilities. Effective use of resources is a key to world class supply chain management.
This COPEX training course addresses these issues in order to continuously improve our logistics Management practices. In the face of the major global crisis that climate change is, now is the time to step rethink how to protect supply chains as much as possible from the adverse impacts.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course delegates will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of risk management for logistics in the end-to-end supply chain
- Learn best practices for the circular supply chain processes
- Develop a sourcing strategy for the supply chain
- Leverage information technology to improve visibility
- Develop a performance management program to and drive positive change
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course will benefit a number of participants from different parts of the organisation including those who have an intermediate knowledge of the supply chain but will greatly benefit:
- Warehouse and distribution professionals
- Procurement, buyers and purchasing professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- Logistics professionals
- Supply chain generalists
- How the world changed with greenhouse gases
- Other climate changing activities
- How is the world changing
- Wider impacts of climate change on demand and supply
- Regulation and climate change
- Modern supply chain activities
- Key functional processes from receiving to picking and shipping
- Optimizing the flow of goods across processes
- Advanced processes
- Implementing Lean principles in the warehouse
- Continuous improvement and managing change
- The function of inventory
- Inventory accuracy and control
- Handling WIP (Work-In-Progress) inventory
- Three-dimensional inventory classification and segmentation (ABC)
- Using inventory classification to drive efficiency
- Replenishment methods and strategies
- Inventory management in the new normal
- Understanding Risk management
- The 4 approaches to managing risk
- Outsourcing: Risks and opportunities
- Risk in supply chains
- Climate risks in logistics
- Green practices to manage risks
- Contemporary trends in logistics
- Supply Chain best practices and benchmarking
- The role of performance management in the Green Logistics
- What should you measure?
- Establish an executive dashboard using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identifying, prioritizing and implementing improvements
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course