Why Choose this Training Course?
The highly beneficial training course is designed to provide an introductory understanding of blockchain technology and decentralized digital currencies (cryptocurrencies) such as bitcoin for financial and banking professionals. During this transitional period in the global economy, technology companies are moving into financial services and financial institutions are looking to technology to enhance their services. As the two worlds merge, understanding of this multifaceted transformation will be increasingly relevant to the skillset of anyone in the banking sector.
This training course will survey the theory and principles by which cryptocurrencies operate, practical examples of basic cryptocurrency transactions and the likely interaction of blockchain technology with the banking, financial, legal and regulatory systems. Further, we will discuss the newest trends in terms of finance technology (Fintech) and the latest development of Central Bank Digital Currencies. The training course concludes on how these concepts could be viewed within a framework of innovation and development and how the financial and banking sectors can compete and thrive during this intermediate phase of the global economy.
This training course will feature:
- Introduction to blockchain and its key components while highlighting its advantages for the financial/banking sectors
- Theoretical introduction to cryptocurrencies including the history of digital currencies, the invention of decentralized consensus through proof-of-work
- Practical introduction to cryptocurrencies including introductory exercises in utilizing and constructing cryptocurrency transactions
- Banking, financial and regulatory implications: Overview of how blockchain technology could revolutionize the existing monetary and banking system and possible approaches to regulation and development
- How cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology can be viewed through innovation frameworks and what possibilities exist for further developments
- Fintech newest developments and major worldwide successful fintech projects
- Central Bank Digital Currencies and global researches currently conducted within this domain
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize blockchain as an emerging technology and discover its huge potential in both financial and banking sectors
- Discover and define the components of a cryptocurrency from issuance, validation to trading
- Define the existing types of cryptocurrencies within the global crypto market
- Understand the potential placement of this emerging and disruptive technology within the financial sector and recognize field of innovations
- Understand the latest banking and finance innovations like fintech, neo banks, decentralized finance (defi) and central bank digital currencies
- Explore the potential integration of blockchain within the current banking environment
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will greatly benefit banking and finance seeking a deep knowledge in blockchain and cryptocurrencies while understanding the frameworks for regulating digital currencies and its usage.
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Individuals looking for a combined blockchain and cryptocurrency knowledge
- Finance and banking employees seeking deep knowledge into the emerging technologies
- Bank and financial institutes managers and directors looking for profound information regarding the impact of blockchain and cryptocurrency
- People handling regulatory, legal departments or the interaction with central banks within financial institutions
- A Brief History of Money
- The Byzantine’ General’s Problem
- Challenges in Financial System
- Challenges in Banking System
- Blockchain Definition
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency
- Assets and Blockchain
- Double Spending Problem
- Decentralized Versus Centralized Systems
- Fundamentals of Blockchain
- Blockchain Structure
- Blockchain Demo
- The Bitcoin Ecosystem
- Consensus Algorithms
- Cryptography in Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Transaction
- Bitcoin Mining
- Alternative Use of Bitcoin
- Central Banks Digital Currency
- Central Banks and Cryptocurrency
- Financial Institutions and Cryptocurrency
- Tax Regulations
- Money Service Business
- Security Regulation
- Diffusion of Innovation
- Fintech vs Banking
- Worldwide Fintech Trends
- Cryptocurrency for Developing World
- Assimilation of Finance and Blockchain
- Cases Study in Banking and Finance
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.