Why Choose this Training Course?
Launching new products is a costly and risky business and you have to justify why investors, senior executives and colleagues should support your idea. There are many competing projects that are also trying to win their preference. Which one will they choose?
You want your product to be chosen, so you have to write a persuasive and logical business case that gives your new product the very best opportunity to win the hearts and minds of the people who will assess it.
You can make sure that your idea is given the best opportunity for selection by enrolling on this COPEX online training course today.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX online training course, delegates will be able to:
- Win Support for a New Product, by Writing a More Persuasive and Powerful Business Case
- Understand Who the Business-case is Written for and Make it More Appealing to Them
- Research the Factors that Have the Most Impact on the Success of a Business Case
- Justify a Business-case From a Market Point of View
- Focus on the Core Issues that will Support a Business Case
- Understand the Viability of their Business Case and Use It to Justify the Case
- Construct and Write an Engaging and Interesting Business Case that Sells a New Product Idea
- Present Their Business Case to Others, in a Confident and Persuasive Manner
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who are involved in constructing and evaluating business cases for new products and want to ensure that new product proposals are properly considered. For example:
- Marketing Directors
- Product Managers
- Product Development Teams
- R&D Managers
- Finance Directors
- Business Development Managers
- Business Owners and Inventors
- The new product development process
- The market risk in new product development
- Principles to follow to reduce risk
- The role of a business-case in product development
- How to construct a successful new-product business-case
- What the business-case should contain
- Welcome to the Dragon's Den
- What dragons look for and why
- Here is your new product idea
- Researching the market to identify feasibility
- Scoping and describing the potential market
- Understanding market drivers and their impact
- Understanding market drivers and their impact (continued)
- The potential impact of customers and their effect on the business-case
- Assessing the sustainability of price and value
- How competitor responses might affect the case
- Recognising internal limits and capabilities
- Resources and changes to make the business-case realistic
- What is required for the case to succeed in the market?
- Objectives of the business-case
- What strategy will be required to support the case?
- Justifying your case
- Risk and contingencies to include
- Financial investment and expected outcomes
- Internal resources and adjustments required
- Opportunity-cost time money effort
- Writing the case
- Presenting the case
- Selling the case
- An outline plan to win support
- A COPEX e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online training course