Why Choose this Training Course?
With the exponential growth in human skills and technology over the past five decades, projects have become increasingly demanding, valuable, and complex. As such, the need to not only understand but also be actively involved in project management has become an essential skill required of most working professionals. By better understanding how projects are planned, organised, and controlled from start to finish, non-managerial personnel will be able to play a crucial role in the successful delivery of projects of all types and sizes.
This COPEX online training course is tailored to provide all participants with a solid grounding in the fundamentals of project management. This will not only help develop you into an essential member of any successful project team but will also provide you with the necessary skills to become a highly successful project manager in your own right.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX online training course delegates will be able to make a substantial, positive impact on the delivery of any project within their organization, more specifically:
- Learning About What Makes Projects Complex
- Understanding the Importance of Project Context and Environment
- Developing Skills in Project Planning and Organising
- Recognising How to Identify and Manage Project Risks
- Learning How to Control Projects and Adapt to Change
Who is this Training Course for?
The online training course is tailored for all personnel who are exposed to, involved in, or responsible for, the successful delivery of projects of all sizes and complexity levels.
This COPEX online training course is suitable for a wide range of project management professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Project Team Members
- Group Leaders & Supervisors
- Subject Matter Experts & Consultants
- Technical Leads
- Project Support Staff
- What is a project?
- Problems and difficulties associated with projects
- What is project management?
- The project lifecycle
- Initiating a project
- Project justification
- Risk management
- Risk Identification
- Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Planning
- The contents of a Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Level of planning detail – the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Project Estimating
- Time Scheduling (the critical path)
- Network Logic and Dependency Analysis
- Preparing for Project Execution
- Designing the monitoring process
- The project control process (Issue and Change management)
- Document Control
- Earned Value management (EVM)
- The Requirement for communication in Projects
- Interface Management
- Project Team Development
- Leading by Influence
- Communication, Delegation and Motivation
- Stakeholder Management
- Preparing and conducting Negotiations
- Project Reporting, Evaluation and Closure
- A COPEX e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online training course