Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive and practical online training course will comprehensively prepare delegates to skillfully develop and Write Effective Policies and Procedures. The core focus will be on making these fully operative within their organization by considering the full spectrum of issues such as process, workflows, compliance, language, organizational values and culture. Delegates will explore techniques to ensure that Policies and Procedures are welcomed, accepted and fully implemented by all those who need to use them. This COPEX online training course provides a definitive guide to creating purposeful Policies and Procedures Documents, demonstrates online resources and even provides editable Templates for future use of all delegates. Distribution of the documents on modern devices such as smartphones and tablets will be explored, and publishing resources identified.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX online training course delegates will be able to make a substantial, positive impact on the Policy Management best practices within their organization, more specifically:
- Demonstrate Highly Effective Drafting Skills, Which Will be Useful Tools in All Types of Documents
- Analyse the Clarity of Expression in All Documents
- Apply Methods to Highlight Potential Problems with Existing Policies and Procedures and Improve Their Effectiveness
- Illustrate the Impact of Non-Compliance and Build Fully Compliant Procedures
- Demonstrate Ability to Manage and Reduce Risk Effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
This online training course is designed for delegates to build key capabilities to optimize productivity, that enable organizational success through the achievement of corporate goals.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Human Resource Professionals and Policy Owners and Writers Who Wish to Advance Their Knowledge and Skills
- Managers at All Levels Who Wish to Consolidate, Refresh and Reinforce Their Knowledge and Skills
- Importance of policies and procedures to the organization
- Hierarchy of documents and types of policy and procedures
- Mapping of Process and workflow for efficiency and productivity
- The impact of change on Policies and Procedures
- The DDIE Strategic Planning Process
- Considering Organisational Culture and Values
- Simplifying process with a flow chart
- Mind mapping as a pre-writing exercise
- Effective technical writing cycle
- Defining Key Content that matters
- Developing A Policy – Best Practice Template Framework & Content
- Developing A Procedure – Best Practice Framework and Content
- The legal and compliance role of Policies and Procedures
- The review process and approval
- The rationale of writing disclaimers
- Reviewing for absolutes, conditional phrases and other hidden legal issues
- Importance of Employee Acknowledgment and Compliances
- The Importance of International Standards –ISO
- Change Management strategies to ensure effective implementation
- Differentiate between visual clarity and visual clutter
- Enabling users to locate information efficiently
- Publication formats and related technology
- Checklist: Is your document format designed for readability?
- Coordinating and communicating the changes
- Management of the Revision cycle
- Evaluating the need for changes in policy or procedure
- Revisions with minimum disruptions inclusive of acceptance
- Do’s and don’ts of electronic policies and procedures
- Case Studies of Policies and Procedures
- Action Plan for Sustainability – DDIE and Policy Content Checklist
- A COPEX e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online training course